its a shame being in pain

Weather felt nothing as she watched her father being shoved into a cop car, his wrists handcuffed behind him.

Her mother cared to Rivers wounds, dabbing a wash cloth over his bloody nose.

Weather kissed him goodbye, as the night rolled around, signaling for him to leave.

She apologized over and over, but he didn't listen. It wasn't her fault, or his, it was Arthurs.

River walked slowly down the street, the sun setting, leaving the trees a silhouette around the cabins.

He walked to his, opening the front door, prepared for Saturn's bashing about where he's been.

But he was wrong. He came to a sight he wished he never saw.

Rob was sobbing on the couch, his hands in his hands.

"What happened?" River felt frantic.

Rob looked up at the beat up boy. "It's Saturn."

"What?" River chocked out.

"She got picked up by the ambulance, because she had a stroke." He said through his weeps.

"Why aren't you in the ambulance with her or something? At the hospital with her? Or called me!" River felt worry rise up inside him, he need to see his aunt.

"I have to go," He said simply, racing to his room to change into presentable clothes, and shoes. He went into the bathroom to splash water onto his burning cheek.

He gave Rob a quick comforting hug, before heading out the door, and to his van.

He drove to the nearest hospital, he would have to hope this was the one she was sent to.

He hopped out of the car, slamming the door behind him.

He felt tears welt up in his eyes, as he went through the glass doors to the front desk.

The polished white floors and tabletops, made him remember the time he was in the hospital, a couple months ago.

River tried frantically to tell the front lady about Saturn, and to see if she was put in here.

He felt a little stress come off his shoulders as she led him to a room upstairs.

"I have to know what relation you are to her, to let her see guest." The nurse said, standing in front of a white door, that led to her room.

"I'm her son." River said, swallowing back a sob.

She swiftly opened the door, and he raced in.

She closed it behind him.

He felt the tears spill over, as he saw the sight of Saturn in the white bed, wires and pipes laced up to her, a breathing mask covering her mouth.

He sat next to her on a chair, and grabbed her hand, cradling it with his.

"I love you." He mumbled through tears. He watched her figure heave up and down, her eyes shut. The monitor let him know her heart beat.

It was too slow, and too far apart. He thought.

"Please don't go." He said through tears, his shoulders shook slightly.

He gripped her cold hand, holding it.

"If you go, who's going to cook me breakfast? Who's going to tell me I'm insane for skipping or being late? Who's going to give me those amazing hugs?" He sobbed.

A flow of anger bubbled inside him.

He let go of her hand, and got up from the seat. He ran his hand through his hair, his breathing deepened as he tried to conceal his acrimony.

"Don't go!" He yelled, staggering backwards.

All the memories of them flashed in his head, blinding his vision.

The hospital.
The airplane.
The hug.
The breakfast.
The journal.
The anger.
The crying.
The hug.
The trust.
The piano.
The moods.
The distrust.
The hug.

River felt himself fall to the ground, his back hitting the wall. He pulled his legs up to his chest.

A nurse came through the door, seeing what all the noise was.

They locked eyes, and she looked over his weeping features.

Weather rode down the street, humming Don't let me Down as she enjoyed the rain free morning.

She stuffed a newspaper and a envelope into a mailbox, looking out over the trees.

The familiar trail passed by her as she biked down the road.

It reminded her of River, when they'ed used to walk down it.

She looked back on the road, but what was in front of her frightened her to no end.

The alert honking of a car horn, to grab her attention was no use. She had already peddled for to long, but tried to make a turn out of the speeding vehicle.

The frame of the car knocked the bikes back wheel, spinning her out of control.

Everything happened so fast that she didn't even realize her wheels came out from under her, and her head smashed against the pavement.

She layed there motionless, the driver of the car appearing next to her. He spoke frantically, but she could hardy hear what he was saying. In fact it was hard to even hear herself think.

She watched as more people in white suits, surrounded her.

They picked her up and placed her on a stretcher. She felt her neck was unmovable, as if they had put a brace on it. They placed a breathing mask over mouth and nose, but it irritated her, because she could breathe fine, it's she couldn't speak was the problem.