cloud nine

Weather was only one thing, and it was humiliated.

She pressed her palms to her cheeks, as she walked down the street to the trail. Her palms absorbed the heat coming from her face.

"Oh my god, I'm so uncontrollable." Weather breathed to herself, as she turned down the trail to the waterfall.

She thought of what had just happened.

She had went to his house to tell him something. She didn't know what she was going to tell him when she was walking there ; but apparently it was to tell him how low he was.

She told him she loved him, she shivered to the memory.

Does he even love me? She thought to herself.

I mean it really did all add up that she was in over her head.

1. She made the first move, not him.

2. He kissed another girl.

3. He didn't say I love you back.

And the one she most regretted.

4. He rejected her in bed.

Weather feeling uncomfortable, walked over the creek to sit on the empty deck. She sat on the damp wood, crossing her legs.

She ran her hand over her long plum dress, that had lace designs along the hem. She straitened out the thin material on her lap, avoiding the conflict in her head.

The small book River carried around seemed like a good idea to have too, maybe he wrote things like his problems in it. But she couldn't, so the thought left her mind.

After fiddling with the lace trim, she laid down on her back, straightening out her legs so she laid like a pencil.

She laughed slightly at her simile, ha, pencil.

"Shit," she sighed sharply, "What am I doing?"

"He doesn't love me." She brings her hand up to cover her forehead, she sighed again.

"God dammit Weather, you're an idiot." She laughed dryly at herself.

"You are so naive." She says grimly.

"You are completely and utterly stupid, you're so stupid you'd agree to train dodge with River." She says, throwing her hand up.

"Ugh, River." She moans, covering her face. The humiliating memories jumbling her mind.

He looked so concerned though, he couldn't of stopped you because he didn't want to.

A brief thought passed her mind, she stopped in her tracks, rewinding back to the thought.

He stopped because he was concerned about me?

A smile appears on her lips, as she slowly takes her hands off her face.

River drove home slowly, rethinking what Pumacat said about what had happened.

He parked in the lawn, got out, shut the door, and locked it.

He headed to the front door, and opened it. He sat his bag down by the piano seat, and sat on the polished wood.

He ran his fingers softly over the keys, eager to play. He hadn't in so long.

He let his mind fly, whatever came he played, he mixed Beethoven with Mozart, Beatles with zeppelin, his own with his own.

A knock on the door, made him jump. He looked over the grand piano out the living room window, he saw Weather standing in front of the door.