Questions: Ch. 16

Hey guys!

So...

I have the perfect way to end this story.

Don't worry, it's not over yet! I still have at least 5 more chapters in mind.

But......

I want to end this story at the maxium of 30 chapters because I have, yes, another story idea.

Haha.... haha...... ha.....

That was awkward....

Anyways, the ending to this story when it comes time will not be a disappointment. :-)

Don't forget to vote, comment, and fan please!

Read my story When Dreams and Reality Meet (BoyxBoy) if you haven't already!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Chapter 16-

-Joel-

It was Sunday, so it meant I had to go to therapy.

So now that Duncan and I were awake, we began to drive to the familiar clinic. 

When we stopped at a stop light, Duncan looked directly at me with a serious look across his face.

“Joel?”

“Yes, Duncan?”

“You know I love you, right?” He asked.

“Of course.” I said, smiling.

He smiled back, then soon enough we were at the therapy clinic.

-

“So, Joel, how is life been treating you this week?”

“Great, actually. I’m very happy.”I said, sporting a genuine smile.

Kara paused and looked up from her clipboard at me. She let a light smile show toward me.

“Duncan has mostly to do with this sudden happiness, I suppose?”

“Yes. I know it may sound silly coming from me since I’m only Sophomore in high school, but I know I’m in love.”

Kara’s weary smile returned to her face and her dark eyes closed for a second, only to look at me sadly.

“No, it’s not silly. I fell in love as a Freshman in high school.” She said.

I tried not to seemed shocked, but I was a little.

“What was his name?” I asked, but quickly apologized. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to….” I started to mumble, but she cut me off.

“It’s okay, Joel. His name was Ben. We were a great couple, very much in love and dated all through high school and college. But when we graduated, he proposed and I turned him down. My parents are divorced and I didn’t want to get married…. He did. After he left, I realized I was pregnant.” She said quietly.

“Kara…. I’m sorry.”

She smiled softly at me and took my hand.

“It’s okay Joel. I have a beautiful 5 year old little boy who’s wonderful. I’ve actually contacted Ben and he is coming to meet our little boy, Samuel, in a week. He’s dating some woman who I’m sure will be his future wife, but it’s not to late for you Joel. Don’t make the mistake I made.” She said.

I smiled. “I won’t, but Kara you still have a chance, take it.”

She smiled and nodded. “Let’s both promise to never give up on love, okay Joel?”

I nodded. “I promise.”

“So do I.”

-

-Duncan-

I took Joel home and we started to prepare dinner like we did every night together.

“Babe?” Joel asked, turned around to look at me.

“Yes, love?” I replied, smiling at him.

“What ever happened to your father? I’ve been wanting to ask…”

“He didn’t want a kid. I’ve talked to him a few times on the phone but that’s it.” I replied, my voice a whisper. 

He came over and gently kissed me, wrapping his arms around me.

“I’m sorry, Duncan.” He said quietly.

“It’s okay.”

After we were quiet for a while. Joel looked back up at me.

“Do you know where he lives?” He asked.

I nodded. “Florida, why?”

“Well… my mom said that we can use the private jet to go anywhere we want, just the two of us, over Spring Break. So… we can pack tonight and leave tomorrow.” He said sheepishly.

I paused for a second, thinking it over, but smiled. “Okay. Great.”

He grinned. “Really?”

I smiled and nodded. “Yes.”

He squealed with joy and we hugged for a long time.

I could barely wait.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loved it?

Hated it?

Tell me! :-)

~Jordan! <3

(Also, thank you to all the fans. You mean so much to me, and so do your comments and votes.) :-)