Break Ups, and Make Ups: Ch.12

Here's the second upload!

Yes, I love you guys so much I uploaded twice in one night.

But, it's also because I thought ch. 11 was a little short. :-p :-)

Here you go!

Vote, comment, and fan please

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Chapter 12-

-Joel-

It was Friday, and I skipped school again.

I couldn't do it... now I just wanted to spend less time with Duncan. I love him.... But it was to horrible to drag him along with me as I cried in misery the whole day.

Kyle had been my world.... My life.... After my father died. I couldn't believe he would injury me beyond repair like he did...

The promise he made to my father.... Let alone the promise he made to me. It left me vulnerable and the misfit toy of the bunch.

It was like I didn't belong in this world because I suddenly was filthy, not good enough to even be amongst the dirt.

I wept and wept all day, like had I the past day, and revised all the horrible flashbacks in my mind. The pain I had felt... emotionally and physically. Then there was the terrible hospital stay and the worried look on my mother's face, so foreign to me as if it had been so long since somebody had actually cared for me...

The horrible times when I stopped talking to my former friends...

It was all rushing back to me, almost like it was at a speed where I couldn't understand it all. Inside I was a wreck... a wreck that I just had tried to bury along with the memories off Kyle.... But everything comes back to haunt you eventually.

I heard the door open and click, as I did the day earlier, silencing my cries as the eccentric Duncan entered the house.

I turned my eyes so when he came into the room, I wouldn't be facing him. Then maybe he would get the hint I wasn't in a good mood.

Being oblivious to my obvious grumpy nature, Duncan walks into the room and sits down next to me as he did yesterday.

"Joel.... Do you still plan on attending the date I set up for us tonight?" He asked, sounding slightly hopeful.

I had pretended I had forgotten about the date so that he wouldn't want to go with my crummy mood, but I had been looking forward to it. I shook my head stubbornly, secretly letting the desire to go burn in my gut.

He sighed, but remained in his seat.

"Joel... why are you keeping secrets from Hailey and I? Even your mom?"

I turned to him and scowled. "If you hadn't noticed, my mother is NEVER here! Hailey and you wouldn't even understand!" I yelled at him in frustration.

"Joel... It's just us here. Let's just calmly talk about it... just the two of us."

"No! I'm sick and tired of people thinking they can just get in my head, Duncan!" Standing up and ready to dash out of the room. Duncan quickly stood up and grabbed my arm. I spun around, furious.

"Joel! Why are you doing this?! Can't you tell how I feel about you?" He asked, his eyes filled with hurt.

"No, frankly I can't." I spat.

"Why are you treating me this way, Joel?" He asked softly, his voice cracking with pain.

"Because I don't love you. If this went any farther, I would be leading you on." I said, internally hating myself for saying those words to the boy I loved the most.

He looked at me with a broken expression. "You already lead me on Joel... I can't believe I loved you."

And without a second to spare, he ran upstairs and our love was already past tense.... Even if we both didn't want it that way.

-Duncan-

I slammed my door and locked it, bawling on my bed as soon as I was out of ear shot.

Joel had broken my heart... leaving for me to pick up the pieces. How could this boy have done so much damage to me in a relationship that only lasted a few days...

I knew that it would take sometime for me to think things through, but I knew that I would figure out what happened to my Joel. One way or another.

Because Joel was the best thing that ever happened to me, and I know he loved me even if he tried to hide it.

We were perfect...

Well.... Almost perfect.

-

-Joel-

Over the next few days, our blow up and silenced Duncan and I.... and I missed the way his voice could seduce me in a way that was so magically, leaving my drunk from the taste of his words...

But everything was silent in the house for the most part, everything eccentric in it's own way...

Duncan was very avid to the silent treatment he was giving me... or maybe it was just the hurt surfacing on his personality.

Either way, it was depressing.

I had returned to school, but Duncan sat with the jocks again instead of Hailey and I. Of course he was welcome back with open arms to popularity, even if he was gay. They couldn't help but let him back in... he was to perfect to pass up even if his sexuality was a minor flaw in the eyes of the popular crowd.

I felt like Hailey and I were drifting apart, so I agreed to hang out with Hailey and Ryan the coming weekend to see a movie. Hailey insisted I wouldn't be the third wheel and she wanted me to come, but I knew that was partially a lie.

But all I wanted to do was go home and try to talk to Duncan...

-

-Duncan-

I walked into the house and locked the door behind me. I heard some rummaging in the kitchen, so I figured Joel had beat me home, which didn't surprise me since I had football practice for a hour after school. I sighed and walked into the kitchen, taking a drink from the fridge, ignoring Joel. I felt Joel staring at me, so I glanced over at him.

"Yes?" I asked.

Our gazes meet and I felt myself melt into those gorgeous blue eyes all over again. Despite what had left my lips the other day, I still loved Joel.

"Duncan... I want to tell you about my past..." Joel started, keeping me listening.

"But I need time." Joel finished a minute later, his eyes seeming to ask for approval.

I nodded, but I hesitantly took his hand and kept our eyes locked.

"I love you Joel Fitzpatrick. I want to learn more about you, even if it takes years at a time." I told him, feeling suddenly nervous towards his response.

His eyes grew teary, and then he squeezed my hand. "I love you too, Duncan Miller."

And with that, I knew I found my first true love.