Secrets Discovered

Hey! Here's the second chapter because I got more comments and votes (plus some fans) then I expected last chapter!

So your in for a treat with this chapter. :-)

But I'm going to camp for 5 days, so no uploading till after that! But when I get home I'll start writing down all the new ideas I'll have.

Hopefully my chatty won't best friend won't talk my ear off on the 6 hour bus ride..... He's such a chatter box, he's lucky I love him like a brother and I'm use to it. Or I'd slap him like the crazy girl I am.

Haha! Anyway, here you go!

(Joel to the side. :-) He's cute Mitch Hewer.) 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Chapter 2-

-Joel-

I slowly began to wake up, leaving my tired eyes closed to just get some well-needed rest. Before I could drift off again, I began to feel another presence in my room. I sat up immediately and my eyes met Duncan's within seconds. He was sitting at the side of bed in a chair that he had pulled over from my desk. He smiled at me and took my shaking hand.

"Your awake." He said, smiling like he honestly cared for me in some form of way. I pulled my hand back, scared.

"W-what are you doing in my room?!" I yelled at him, my body shaking. I couldn't remember a thing.... The guy always bullied me was in my room....... Did he...... take advantage of me?

"Why are you acting so... scared?" Duncan asked, giving me a puzzled look.

I calmed down slightly, realizing I must have taken this too far. He wasn't like the other guy..... The one that turned my life upside down.

Duncan noticed I had calmed down a little. "Well.... Last night I stopped Matt and Chase from killing you, then brought you home." He said.

I chuckled, his answer most likely accurate. Duncan's hand slowly extended towards my face, his thumb stroking what was most likely a black eye as he cupped my cheek in his hand. I froze, his green eyes staring intently into my eyes.

He leaned close to my face, our eyes remaining locked. I could feel my breathing grow unsteady and he closed his eyes and I returned the gesture. I felt his lips gently meet the bottom right of my lips, touching my busted lip. He pulled back and we opened our eyes, only my face flushed.

"I'm sorry I let them do this, Joel. But you're still beautiful to me." Duncan whispered, his voice so low it was seductive and sexy to my ears. He removed his hand and looked away, only to let me watch him walk out of my room.

What is going on with him..... let alone me.

-Duncan-

I couldn't be doing this.... I just couldn't. I knew I was attracted to guys awhile ago.... But Joel Fitzpatrick? He was always the one hiding, never letting anyone get close to him even if they tried. He was once a happy and kind guy, talking to his few friends.... But after the middle of freshman year, he came out and his father died not a month after. That's all I know about Joel.... But I can tell there's so much more I will have to hear from him.

Which is why I had to let him realized I was falling for him. I was scared, but when I kissed the corner of his mouth it felt so right. But there were so many things I loved about Joel already....

His stunning bright blue eyes that lingered with depression, his blonde hair that seemed to shine in the sun, how his cheek fit perfectly in my hand, how tingles shot up my arm when I held his hand....

I snapped out of it and made my way downstairs. I went into the kitchen to find Mrs. Fitzpatrick. I smiled at her, which she looked up and returned the gesture.

"Hello, Duncan. Your mother on her way yet with the remainder of your things?" Mrs. Fitzpatrick asked.

I nodded. "Yes. She will unload our stuff in our rooms, then get to work on dinner."

"Oh no, she doesn't have to work the first night you all move in. I'll cook tonight, but tomorrow I'll be gone on business for a week." She said.

"Okay, ma'am. I'll tell her." I walked back up to my new room and began unpacking. My room was a navy blue color with a beautiful balcony. They had made the bed for me and bought me a tv, laptop, and lamp. The laptop and lamp sat on a white wooden desk with a chair pushed neatly into it. The tv was hanging on the wall to where I could watch it from my bed. This room was the nicest I had gotten when we moved into other's homes. I had a feeling I'd actually like this one; all because it was Joel's house.

I finished unpacking, so I went back downstairs were my mother and Mrs. Fitzpatrick were talking. I sat besides my mother, chatting amongst them for a few minutes.

After awhile of the women's boring conversation, I heard footsteps so I looked over and saw Joel. He looked tired, but it still made me smile once I saw he was wearing no shirt and just sweat pants. He froze once he saw my mother and I, but after a minute of staring looked at his own mother.

"May I ask?" He said, referring I'm sure to why we are in his house.

His mother smiled brightly. "Mrs. Miller is here to be our maid, and she has brought her son Duncan to live here as well." She said.

Joel froze and looked at me, then back at his mother. He was in complete shock.

"B-but why...? I'm working now and I'm taking my pills..... I don't need babysitters." Joel said, confusing me. He took pills? But why.... What did he mean....

Mrs. Fitzpatrick sighed. "I know baby.... But you have to understand I don't want another call from 911 to come home quickly because my son has overdosed in attempt of suicide." She said, her voice shaking, letting everyone know she was near to tears.

Wait... Joel overdosed...... He tried to kill himself.....

Joel's gave an obvious knowing look he had to let it go. He nodded slowly. "Okay. I'll be in my room." He said quietly, walking up the stairs again to lock himself away from life.

But I knew I would be his new life.... Because he would love me after he gives me the chance to prove it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Love it!? :-)

Hate it? :-/

Tell me, I don't care!

Any suggestions be sure to message me! I love you all already!

I know you readers are out there so if you like it, vote and comment. :-) Fanning's nice too. :-p :-)

- Jordan! :-)