Confusing Pasts and Stubborn Wishes

Hey guys!

So, I was so happy about the last upload, I decided I would upload again. :-)

Vote, comment, and fan please! :-)

(In this chapter you will meet Ryan, he only has one line in this chapter, but he will become a major character soon.)

Joel again to the side. Sleeping and seeing his flashbacks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Chapter 5-

-Joel-

As I sit alone at my lunch table again, I find myself thinking of my dream last night…. No, scratch that…. My flashback. It had been all to familiar to have been a dream just from my imagination. I huff in frustration, furiously tapping my foot.

“Mmm….. you okay, Joel?” Somebody asks, leading me to expect it to be Hailey. But I look up and see Duncan.

I nodded and my face flushes, embarrassed he had seen my odd behavior. ‘Fine, thank you.” I say quietly.

Duncan seems to watch me for hours, but what is really only a few seconds, then walks away back to his table of jocks.

I’m still blushing by the time Hailey comes over with her lunch a few minutes later. She had a huge grin on her face, which meant she had seen the exchange between Duncan and I.

“You have a thing for him, don’t you Joel Fitzpatrick?” Hailey said excitedly in a loud whisper.

“SHUSH!” I scold, frowing.

Hailey lets out a shriek of happiness, then with her small hands grips my arm. “You do! You do!”

I sighed, but give in being the softie I am by let myself give her a short nod. She is obviously satisfied by her constant squirming in her seat.

“Well, he is hot-“ She starts to say, but I cut her off with a glare.

Hailey smirks. “Well, hello Mr. Jealously. Came to tell you I’m not moving in on your man.”

I sigh. “He’s straight anyway, Hailey. Go for it.”

Hailey laughs really hard for 5 minutes straight, letting everyone have the chance to stare at her. I just sit there awkwardly till she calms down and everyone goes back to their own business. She seems to be unfazed by what would have embarrassed me and just took my hand. “Joel, I do not have a thing for him. Plus, it’s obvious Duncan is gay. He looks at you as if you’re the jewel of his life.”

I look at her with a puzzled look, then chuckle. “Your delirious, my friend.”