Flashbacks from the Darkness in Hearts

Hey guys! :-)

Back from camp! I met this super cute waiter who's name was Joel! How cool!!!!!!!! :-D

But, anyways, I'm back and posting. :-)

So, I won't keep you waiting any longer, here it is!

But please vote and comment! Even fan if you really liked it! :-)

(P.S Duncan to the side. He is Aaron Johnson. Sexy. :-) )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Chapter 3-

-Joel-

I came downstairs, just wearing some sweats pants and leaving my chest bare. I ran a hand through my tousled hair, and then sat down at the table in the kitchen. Ms. Miler was smiling at me as she recognized my presence.

“Morning, Joel. Ready to eat some breakfast? Your mother already left and Duncan’s still asleep.” Ms. Miller asked cheerily.

I smiled and nodded at her. “Yes, Ms. Miller. That would be great.” I reply. After waiting just a few minutes, Ms. Miller sets my plate down in front of me. On the plate there is crispy bacon, scrambled eggs, and chocolate pancakes neatly separated into sections. It smells delicious as the smell of grease from the bacon hits my nostrils powerfully. I pick up my fork and start to eat. I hear the sound of footsteps coming down the staircase, so I look up to see Duncan standing in the doorway within a few seconds. He stares at me for awhile, making my slightly uncomfortable.

“Duncan? Ready to eat?” Ms. Miller asks him, unsure if he is listening to her.

Duncan seems to snap out of it once his mother talks to him, but simply just nods to her. He quietly sits down across the table from me, his eyes scanning over my body. I look down shyly and stare at my plate while I shove food in my mouth.

“Joel, today your mother says you start therapy. She’ll be gone the whole week so Duncan will drive you to school once the weekend is over and you go to school tomorrow.” Ms. Miller says, not looking up from her cooking in the kitchen.

“Yes ma’am.” I said quietly.

Duncan looked at his mother and then me again. “I’ll take you to your therapy session today.” He says.

I nod. “Thanks.” I say quietly, and then continue eating.

I know the therapist is going to ask me questions…. And I will be willing to share some of my past, but I feel like it will take longer for the other parts. Which is why I am sort of afraid….. afraid to admit my feelings.

-Duncan-

As I watched him eat and concentrate in his mind, I found myself irritated realizing he was hurt in ways I couldn’t imagine from the way his eyes shone with pain and depression. But I knew I could help my Joel, and he will eventually realize that as well. Making me bring my attention back to the scars all across his arms and chest. His chiseled chest was tan, even with the deathly scars that were signs of his past.