Tempers Rise: Ch.11

Hey guys!

Had the best weekend EVER!

Reconnected with my best friend at her houseboat!

Plus went tubing and got a tan!

Can't get better than that. :-)

I didn't like writing this chapter. :-(

Because if you read the title, you'll understand why....

And it's kinda boring because it's giving clues to future events. So, nothing SUPER dramatic in this chapter happens, but there is a little dramatic scene.

Please vote, comment, and fan please!

Now I'll let you read. :-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Chapter 11-

-Duncan-

Joel had skipped school today, because he didn't fall back to sleep after his terrible nightmare, leaving him restless. So it was just Hailey and I sitting at our table, awkwardly.

"So..." I said, shuffling my feet.

"So..." She replied.

After a few more minutes, I began to twiddle my thumbs, feeling very the eerie feeling floating in the air.

"So... you know, you and Joel should go on a date with Ryan and I sometime."

"Isn't this more something you would talk about with Joel?" I questioned.

"Yeah... just trying to make use of the awkward lunch with my best friend's boyfriend..." She stated.

I chuckled slightly. She smiled, then chuckled herself.

"Hey, you think that maybe we should get more friends in our group?" Asked Hailey.

"No, I think it would make Joel uncomfortable."

"True.... Duncan?"

"Yes?"

"Do you think Joel hides things from us? Like... from his past?"

I paused to think for a moment, then nodded. "I suppose..."

-

When I get home, I just hear sobbing through the front door. I pause, listening, then realize it's Joel. I quietly unlock the door, but the crying stops immediately.

"Joel?" I call out as I open the door, then walk inside and lock the door behind me.

"Yes?" I hear a quiet voice ask from the couch in the living room. I look over and smile, seeing Joel.... But it quickly fades as soon as I see his expression.

"Babe.... What's wrong?" I ask, observing him. He seemed to flinch at the word "babe"..... odd.

I walk over to him and try to hug him as I sit down, but he quickly moves away and looks frightened.

"Joel, what's wrong?" I ask, my voice more serious this time.

He laughs, trying to brush off the question. "N-nothing." He replies, obviously lying.

"That's a lie." I stated firmly.

He seems to suddenly snap as he glares at me. "Jeez, Duncan! What's your problem? Not trusting your own boyfriend?!" He yells at me.

I'm taken back at the way he talks to me... because he's always been to timid to be mad at me. I look away, trying to hide the hurt in my eyes. "I'm sorry, Joel. I'm sorry I care for you." I say nonchalantly, then walk off.

How could the boy I love so much, just let me walk away from him when he was in need....? Does he not feel the same...?

-

I sit up in my room, trying not to let Joel's odd behavior bother me. My eyes wander off to rest on my bag... thinking of the journal that was buried in my bag. I slowly get up and retrieve it, looking through the pages again and resting my eyes on the picture again.

"Kyle and I" Read the back.... Kyle.... Kyle....

Where had I heard that name before?

Then I remembered.... Kyle was the name Joel has been screaming out in his nightmares.... His nightmares....

So Kyle must be the ex haunting Joel...?

How does this all fit?

As all these thoughts ran through my mind, I realized I would have to find out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ugh.

I feel like this chapter was too short.

I promise the next will be bigger! :-)

Sorry, my friends. :-(

THe next chapter will be more exciting as well!

I pinky swear! :-)

P.S Writing chapter 12 write now so I might give you two uploads in one night cause this one was so short.