Alex cheers and Jack joins in. Our drummer just smiles. I stay silent, watching Cal reopen the plastic bottle. They close it again and keep it tight in their hand. After everyone drinks from their red solo cups, we're ready to get back up there. The screams somehow get louder as we head onto the stage.

I rush up to my microphone, setting the bottle next to it. Cal does the same with theirs. Jack and Alex just laugh as they introduce the first song of the encore. The drummer starts it out. She's not as good as Ashton.

Sighing, I start playing the mostly dreaded song.

Disconnected. Luke's favorite.

It goes by rather quickly, surprisingly. I swing my guitar onto my back, sticking my pick into my pocket.  I catch Cal's eyes again and repeat the signal. It's go time.

"So--" Jack starts.

"Wait, wait, wait. Hold on, now. You got to talk all night. It's my turn, you asshole," I interrupt him. The crowd laughs. It sounds dysfunctional.

Or maybe I'm just disoriented.

This is crazy. Am I crazy?

"Fuck it. Ready, babe?" I ask, turning my head towards Calum.

They nod, grabbing their bottle as I do the same. Opening it, I run up to Jack and pour it all over him. Calum follows with Alex. They're laughing. They all are.

Alex sniffs himself. "Fuck. I'm all sticky now. Is this alcohol? Rubbing alcohol? This is a shit prank."

I ignore him. I grab Calum's hand and pull them into me. I kiss them hard, waiting for people to react. They do. The screams are fucking loud.

While they're distracted with two kissing "boys" and two other boys trying to play it off as if it's nothing, Calum moves their hand from their sides to my butt. They discreetly take out the two packages of matches. Handing me one, they step back.

I step behind Jack, who's trying to calm the crowd, so no one can see. On the first try I've got a flame and I hold it up to his drenched shirt. It catches. Almost immediately he yelps, turning towards me.

I step back and watch it spread. I watch him burn. Smiling.

Everyone is screaming but I can only hear Calum's laugh as they watch Alex panic. He's trying to stop, drop and roll, while also trying to get Jack to do the same. It's amusing, Cal is so cute.

"Fuck you, Clifford! I fucking--"

I step up to Jack's microphone, walking around him. I laugh at the sight of the crying, hysterical audience. "Ladies and gentlemen, and everyone in between, please do not panic. These bastards deserve this. They killed Ash and Luke. They fucking poisoned them. Don't worry. If they weren't burning to death right now, they still would have definitely burned in hell."

Calum comes over, still smiling. I slightly move out of the way so they can speak into the mic. "This is for you, Ashy. And you, Lukey. I'm sorry. I love you b--"

Screaming. Shouting.

Paramedics rush onto the stage. That was quick. But not quick enough. If only they would realize it's too late. They're already dead.

Police offices are right behind them, running straight to us. We let them, holding our hands in front of our bodies. A man with an ugly expression walks up, slapping the handcuffs on me too tight. He's saying something but I don't care; I just cringe as Cal whines. Turning to them, I see a woman officer guiding him away.

"I love you, Mikey," they scream as she separates us farther.

"I love you more!" I shout at their retreating back. The officer grunts.

I smile at the ugly man but he pushes me forward and I soon lose it. He fucking pushed me into a fucking amp. I groan at my newly stubbed toe, "Balls."

***

The End.

This is it. This is the ending you've all been waiting for and I'm not even sorry - carly