puppy balls

Luke's pov:

I want a puppy. Calum's been talking about getting one for awhile now and I couldn't agree more. I want a puppy.

Puppies, unlike people, don't get angry at you if you sleep with someone you shouldn't. Instead, they just want to play ball with you and then they lick your face for a bit.

Puppies, unlike people, don't get up and smoke a cigarette in the middle of the night when they should be asleep. Instead, they go to bed before you, claiming their spot in the middle of it.

Puppies, unlike people, are fucking adorable.

I want a puppy.

"I want a puppy," I say, turning toward the three idiots on the couch.

Instantly, Cal jumps up and screams, "I'm game! I'm so fucking game. Oh, oh! Can we get one of those miniature German Shepherds? No, wait. Mini huskies are so cute. Oh, my god. I want--"

"Calum," Ashton states, glaring at the only excited person in the room. "We're not getting a puppy."

They whine at that, grumbling, "Way to ruin everything."

While Calum mopes in their seat, head casted downwards; Ashton looks towards me with a frown. Disappointment. He looks like he's going to say something again so I turn to leave.

I want a damn puppy and I'm going to go get one.

"Calum, you still game?" I ask as I slip on my shoes and coat. I hear shuffling and a muffled squeal. They put on their Vans in record time and throw open the door. Grabbing their jacket that they forgot, I glance back toward the now empty couch.

Michael is leaning against the wall beside it with his arms crossed, staring at me with a confused expression. He stays where he is, though. But Ashton walks toward me, anger flashing through his eyes. I leave before he reaches me, cutting off his loud "Luke".

When I step outside, Cal is already halfway down the block. I have to chase after them, all the while trying not to draw too much attention considering we are somewhat famous. I finally catch up to them, grabbing onto their tattooed arm. They glance at me, taking their jacket from my hold. A quick nod is sent my way and they take off toward the closest pet shop.

There are a few moments of excited silence until Calum stops and turns to me. Their breathing is more regulated now and they're no longer practically skipping down the street.

"I'm all for the puppy but I just wanna know why," Calum says, keeping their eyes on me.

I look down as I catch up to them. We walk. "I just want a puppy."

"That can't be the only reason, Luke. C'mon. Are you still angry about the 'sticks and not dicks'? Because if you want me to suck your dick, I'm game." They laugh sharply but it soon dies in their throat. "But you wouldn't be game. Not unless I was Jack, yeah?"

I stop, causing them to, too. "What the fuck? That was a low blow, Cal. Fuck you. I don't want anyone to suck my fucking dick. Not you, not Ash, not Mikey. And definitely not Jack. And no sticks either. Fuck your stick and your dick."

They laugh again but it's harsher this time. "Luke, you're acting like the victim. But you're not. You got drunk, you had sex. You brought this upon yourself. I know you're ace but you did this. Stop acting like us getting angry is the wrong thing to do."