2 balls

Ashton's pov:

We go to sleep that night with anxiety flowing through our brains. We go to sleep that night without Luke by our sides. He said he'd be back by ten, but we waited hours and hours for him to come home and he never did. Not even as we brush our teeth and get under the duvet at 2am, deciding to see if Luke gets back in the morning.

I know something is wrong. I tried calling him a total of 12 times, hanging on to the hope that he would pick up with every ring. Each text I sent him, with shaking hands, I prayed that he would answer. But he didn't even read them.

That scares me. Luke would have called me, or Cal or Mikey. Out of everyone, Luke knows the most that I would be worrying about him endlessly. He always phones me to tell me where he is, but not tonight.

So I go to sleep with one less person wrapped in my arms. Sure, the bed isn't completely empty as I'm lying with Michael and Calum, but there's still a cold place where Luke is supposed to be. I'm so used to having him with us at night, being able to put my legs around his and running my fingers through his hair. It's only for a night, but I hate not having him here.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As soon as I wake up, Luke comes into my mind. I untangle myself from Michael's grip and shoot out of bed.

"Michael, Calum wake up wake up," I shake them both as they grumble and open their eyes. "We need to look for Luke come on."

Before they can even sit up I soar out of the bedroom, my heart beating quickly in my chest as I search for Luke.

He isn't in the living room, or the dining room. I check in the kitchen but he isn't there either. Until I find him in the bathroom leaning against the blue tiled wall with his head in his hands.

"Luke, thank god you're here. I was so worried about you! Where were you all night?" I take a sigh of relief. Finally I can breathe again, I don't have to worry about him being kidnapped by an old man who wants to make us pay a ransom of 5 million pounds or being rushed to hospital after getting hit in the head. He's okay.

He sighs, "I'm sorry Ash, I'm really sorry. I went to a bar and ended up getting drunk. Then I stayed over at a friend's house. I should have called, I'm sorry."

"It's okay, don't worry. I just wish you had at least texted me. You know i get scared about this stuff. Come on, let's get you something for the hangover." I put out my hand to help Luke up. He winces in pain, which I guess is from his headache, and follows me through to the kitchen.

Michael is making some toast and Calum is sitting at the small table eating a bowl of cereal. Cal always has cereal, they have at least three bowls of Krave a day which probably isn't the healthiest...

I hand Luke some tablets from the cupboard with a glass of cold water.

"Hey Luke. Where were you all night?" Calum asks, putting their bowl in the sink.

"We were really worried," Michael adds.

Luke doesn't reply. He just takes the pills and leaves the room, grumbling something about having a nap.

I sigh, but I decide to leave him alone to get some rest and let his headache die down.

"Hangover," I mouth to Calum. They raise their eyebrows and make an 'oh' shape with their mouth.

- - - - - - - - - - -

It's lunch, and Luke still hasn't come out of his bedroom but we decide to let him sleep a while more.

Me, Michael and Calum watch two episodes of Merlin on Netflix and after that we listen to the full American Idiot album while playing Xbox together.

We have fun, but it still isn't the same. It's like trying to sleep without Luke. We aren't used to it. I miss the funny comments he makes every five minutes, I miss his beautiful smile and I miss the way he would always cuddle up to us. I'm making it sound like he's dead, he's only asleep.

It shows how much I actually love him. I love all of them. Calum, Michael, Luke. They're my life and I could never ask for any more than my wonderful datemates. They're all perfect even if they don't see it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's four hours later, and Luke still isn't out of the bedroom. Surely he hasn't been sleeping all that time? Probably not.

I leave Calum and Michael to play some kind of football game and go to check on Luke.

I take some toast and orange juice with me just in case he's hungry. Of course he is, he hasn't eaten in hours which isn't like Luke at all. Normally he can't go ten minutes without getting up for a snack.

As I got to our bedroom, I realise I can hear someone quietly sobbing. Sighing, I walk in to see Luke curled into a ball on the bed crying.

I don't like seeing my Lukey upset so I set the food down on the bedside table and crawl over to him.

Knowing Luke hates talking about his feelings, I just hold him tightly in my arms and let him cry for a few minutes. Luke hardly ever cries, at least not infront of people. I guess it's good for him to let it out every once in a while.