Chapter Forty- Nine: Remember, Change, Fight, Fall

I'm sorry I left you all hanging for almost a month... I'm sorry. Things just kept happening and I kept coming and going from writing this, so that's why it's not the best chapter and it's a bit jumpy. But here it is! Thanks, and I apologise again. 

{Zayn's POV}

When I met Perrie, she was alluring, absorbing. Back then I was terrified that the way she enticed me was not only used on me, but on multiple other guys. That one day I would wake up and she would be gone. That I was never going to be good enough. I felt like I was alone in a crowded room. Then one day, it happened. Everything just happens. There is constantly going to be that moment. We remember, we change, we fight... we fall. 

Perrie walks into the kitchen area, talking to me. I'm not actually paying attention to what she is saying though, due to the fact I am concentrating on her in general. The way that her whole face reacts and changes with every word she speaks, the way she is walking, her eyes not directed at me but rather in the direction of our daughters who are playing in the lounge area. 

"Zayn?" Perrie sticks her face right in front of mine.

"Hmm."

"Um, I just got off the phone with Louis. He was talking to Jake. Jake told him that they got home and everything is going well, with both Jesy and Edison," Perrie tells me whilst dolloping yoghurt into three separate bowls. 

"Great," I smile happily. Jesy pulled through the first twenty-four hours after her surgery brilliantly. It has been a week now since Edison was born and Jesy got discharged from the hospital this morning. She's walking and her pain from the kidney plant is little to none. The surgeon and Erica were both happy with everything so Jesy and Edison were all good to go. 

It's needless to say that Jesy was absolutely overjoyed to meet her son. Jake and Jesy are absolutely infatuated by Edison, how it should be. The rest of us are all completely and utterly proud and happy for the two of them. 

The knocking of the door makes both Perrie and I look up from where we are standing behind the kitchen bench, and Ellie, Lillie, and Rosie look up from where they're playing with the trains in the lounge.

I walk towards the front door and slide the lock, opening the door to reveal people who I didn't expect to see on the other side. They don't normally knock, neither do they stand at the door with giant grins on their faces. 

"Hi?" I say with my face a little scrunched up due to confusion. 

"Hello!" They greet. 

"Can I help you?" I question, confused as shit. 

"Let us in," Louis barges past me, Leigh-Anne trailing behind as they make their way into the living area. I close the door and proceed to move after them, still majorly confused at what the hell is happening.

"Hello," Perrie says to them, as confused sounding as I was. 

"We've come to look after Ellie, Lillie, and Rosie," Leigh-Anne tells us whilst looking at our daughters, who start smiling happily. Leigh- Anne sits down with the girls and Perrie on the rug and a communal conversation starts between the five of them. 

Louis lingers beside me, not actually vocally saying anything, but his eyes and subtle looks say a lot more than anything verbal could. He's really quite imposing to be honest. I know the looks he is giving me and what they are displaying. 

"No, I didn't forget," I tell him, my voice at a low tone.

"How'd you know that's what I was thinking?" Louis asks.

"Louis, I know you," I roll my eyes in response, "Besides, why else would you be here? Actually I take that back. Why would you be here without just barging your way into the house?"