Chapter Twenty- Five: Escape

{Perrie's POV}

If you're going through hell, keep going. That's what I got told. But let's being it back to the train in the tunnel. It never stops chuffing along that track of life. Actually, at the moment m train seems to be screeching down the track, in the middle of that dark tunnel, trying to stop. It wants to stop so it can try and find a way out, but it can't. I can't.

My legs carry me quickly off the stairs and I bolt into the laundry to collect Ellie's school rugby jumper from the tumble dryer. It makes a click sound as I open the door and then I grab out the jumper before rushing back upstairs and into Ellie's bedroom.

Ellie pulls on her second sock and then stands up with her arms in the air so I can put her jumper on- and then I can do her hair, get her to brush her teeth, get her to pack her school bag, and dress Lillie and Rosie, all within eight minutes before Zoe gets here.

"Come here!" I call to Ellie in my 'I-sound-happy-but-really-want-to-kill-you' voice.

Ellie bounces towards me and I kneel down behind her, brushing through her hair and starting to pull it up into a ponytail. Once I've tied it up I thread the white ribbon through it and knot that over the hair ties.

"Done!" I pinch her bottom playfully and she squeals and then laughs, running off towards the stairs and hopefully to the bathroom, her oversized uniform looking quite adorable on her.

The kids only wear their sports uniform in reception and then they start wearing the proper uniform for their gender once they move into the next grade. So Ellie wears a dark red coloured polo top, a navy blue rugby, and a navy blue raincoat, all adorned with the school logo. Then she has navy coloured shorts with the dark red stripe down each side and little white socks. It looks cuter than it sounds apparently....

"Mummy! I brushed my teeth!" Ellie bounds back into the twins' room where I'm getting them dressed.

"Ellie play!" Rosie giggles, standing up inside her cot and bouncing at the sight of Ellie.

"No Roo, Ellie has to go to school very soon," I tell Rosie. "Ellie, go and pack your school bag please. You're lunch box and drink bottle are on the table with your reading folder and your note for the excursion. Okay?" I clarify with her.

"Yes!" Ellie smiles and then runs off again.

"Hey Roo," I get Rosie's attention whilst pulling on Lillie's socks. "We can play when Ellie goes. Lillie and I will play with you! won't we Lil?" I ask Lillie whilst still talking to Rosie.

"Yes," Lillie nods her head and then stands up whilst I grab Rosie, whom I already dressed.

"Let's go play downstairs though," I pick up both of them and walk to the stairs, climbing over the safety rail and then walking down, placing them on the ground at the bottom. I then pause and close my eyes, taking deep breaths and rubbing my face with my hands. I just need a second.

I am dying. I am drowning in every bit of crap and terrible shit that has happened and I suddenly lost the ability to swim. I have no clue how the fuck I am still standing?

"Uncle Lou!" I hear Lillie squeal and my eyes open to see Louis and Jade right ahead. As I walk closer I notice that they're all here. Liam, Louis, Jade, Harry, Jesy, Leigh- Anne, Jordan Kiffin, and Danielle.

Shit. I forgot that I said that they could all come over for breakfast this morning. Bloody hell. This is another reason I have no clue how I am still standing? My brain has forgot how to function properly.

"Hi," I say through a yawn to them all and then head into the kitchen starting to pull out bowls and plates so I can at least attempt to feed them.