Chapter Forty- Four: Until Death Do Tear Us Apart

{Perrie's POV}

We fill in the blank spaces in our lives. When there's a problem, we find the ways to fix it. When something is missing, we find it. When something goes, we fill that space with something new. The people you hung around with when you were younger are not normally the same people you hang around with now.

But your family are still your family, they always will be. My Dad obviously passed away, but I still see my Mum occasionally, and talk to her on the phone at least once a week. I'm constantly seeing my brother, that's a given. My half- sister doesn't talk to me anymore, she hasn't for seven years now, and I see my step- mother rarely, I email her occasionally.

However, it doesn't matter if they're biologically your family or not. We built our family here. The girls, the lads, and I. We built a family with each other. I also have my immediate family, Zayn, Ellie, Lillie, and Rosie- who are everything to me. But this family, they make everything else seem weak because we're strong. They are the most important thing, and they always will be.

"Look at everyone!" Liam beams as he appears next to me. I laugh at his child- like excitement over the turnout of his 'winter party'. It is basically the parents of the two bands, a few of the siblings, such as Jonnie and Gemma, and Liam's sister Ruth with her husband.

"Well done Li," I continue to laugh, resting my hand on his shoulder. Liam wraps his arm around my waist and within a few moments Louis is barging his way over. I watch as Louis physically moves Liam away from me.

"Liam! What have I told you. Find your own best friend," Louis tells off Liam in a joking manner. Liam chuckles and then wanders off to find someone to talk to, whereas Louis' arm slings around my shoulders as he holds Henry in his other arm.

"Come here Boon!" I say to Henry and take him from Louis' free arm, holding him on my hip. Johannah comes walking over and Jay hugs her son tightly as he removes his arm from around my shoulder to hug her back.

"Hello gorgeous," Jay hugs me, carefully avoiding Henry, placing a kiss on my cheek. "Hello beautiful boy! Ahhh!" Jay tickles Henry and he lets out a loud and happy squeal.

"Do you want to have a hug from Nanny?" I talk to Henry and hand him over to Jay, who pulls a upset face at me calling her 'Nanny'. Louis and I both laugh and some of the others laugh too.

"I'm still not used to it," Jay explains whilst interacting with Henry. "But I am very happy with it! Yes I am!" Jay speaks to Henry. Louis is grinning from ear to ear, he looks so thrilled.

Parent wise, Anne and Robin, Karen and Geoff, Jay and Daniel, Tricia, Debbie Pinnock, Norma, and Janice came. Apparently my mother is in Ireland. Jonnie knew that she had gone to Ireland, I didn't. Nether less, it's great to see all the parents are so friendly with one another and when we all come together like this, it's a comfortable and happy gathering.

Everyone continues to talk in different groups and there is a lot of noise, but it's cheerful and warming noise. I'm starting to feel sick again from laughing too much, but in all honesty I don't care. This feeling is worth every moment.

The mothers start talking about their grandchildren, and as if on cue Rosie goes running across the lounge area chasing after Lillie, but instead of avoiding the side of the couch, she slams face first into it, bouncing backwards onto the floor.

My eyes grow wide as everyone else looks at her in shock. Lillie is practically wetting herself with laughter and Rosie starts laughing herself, signifying that she is fine. I try to stop myself from laughing but end up laughing along with my children.

"Is she okay?!" Karen panics as we watch Rosie stand up and run off again with Lillie.

"Rosie could run into a brick wall and still crack up," Zayn reassures Karen. "She's absolutely fine," he adds on and the fathers start to laugh with us, whereas the mothers still continue to worry about Rosie.