Chapter Thirty- Three: Home

I'm sorry to those people who were waiting for Cinnamon Bun Boy to be updated... if there even were any people waiting.... I'm sorry I deleted it. It wasn't going to work anymore, I'm putting my effort into this one. Sorry, and thanks (: 

{Louis' POV}

We build our home. Okay, so we might not literally build the house, but we build the home. We create a family, we construct dreams, we add hope and passion, we fill it with love, we build our home. The people who belong in our homes are the people who love more than you could even think was possible. The people we learn from. The people we want to grow old with. Our family. 

"Hey," Artie walks up beside me as I walk along the corridor to the paediatric ward. "How are you?" Artie asks.

"Good. How are you?" I ask, my palms sweating like all hell, my heart rate going so fast that I feel as if my heart is about to explode out of my chest. I am so bloody nervous about walking into the nurses lounge in a few minutes. This is possibly the biggest moment of my life. I'm going to be a Dad. 

"Good luck Louis, see you," Artie smiles and I smile back as she disappears off down a corridor, leaving me to knock on the door of the room with a sign besides it, labelling it the nurses lounge. The room that I am looking for. 

"Come in!" I hear Dr. Callan's voice, moving in through the door where Emma and Dr. Callan are, sitting on the couch, Henry in Dr. Callan's arms. I immediately smile when I see him and Emma walks over to me, handing over a folder.

"In here, is everything you need. His birth certificate, his medical documents, when to come for his baby and infant exams, and of course, the adoption documents," Emma smiles. 

"Thank you Emma, for everything," I show gratitude. "You've done so much, thank you."

"It's okay Louis, but I'm not the one you should be thanking, someone a bit closer to home helped a lot more than me," Emma smiles. What? Oh hang on, I know who she means. 

I open up the folder, looking at the first page as a bright smile spreads across my face as I read his name.

Henry James Edwards Tomlinson. 

Henry Tomlinson. He's my son. My baby boy. I'm actually a Dad. Today the rest of my life begins. I've had an incredible life so far, but today I dedicate the rest of my life to Henry and I am one hundred percent certain that until the day I die I will protect and love my son. 

It was an option to put Perrie's surname in there, and I said yes. Perrie doesn't actually know that he has her surname too, but I'll tell her at some stage.

 I just thought that if anything were to happen to me, I would want Henry to go to the right people. And even though I'll get Perrie and Zayn to sign the forms to say Henry is in their custody if I die, I still want her name there- so the government definitely cannot take him away from them. 

"Okay Louis, you have the baby carrier," Emma looks at the black and blue baby carrier, or capsule, that I'm holding down by my side. I nod and place it up onto the table. "And the car is ready? I saw your nursery yesterday," Emma checks off things. "So that means I will come and check on you both in two months, see how you're going, but for now, congratulations!" Emma smiles.

"Congratulations Louis," Dr. Callan brings Henry over. He's wearing a hospital baby grow, like normal. But I have lots of clothes at home for him, so he'll be fine. I have some of Ellie, Lillie, and Rosie's neutral coloured clothing and then I went out and bought some other clothes, and the bloody thousands of other necessities for a baby. They need a lot of stuff for something so small!

"Hello Boon," I smile at Henry as Dr. Callan hands him over to me. I hold him carefully on my hip and he makes happy noises, his arms reaching up towards me. He's three months old now, meaning he is a bit bigger and can actually rest on my hip without flopping around like jelly. Okay, that's a horrible analogy for a baby.