Chapter Fourteen: Categories

{Jesy's POV}

Throughout our lives, we are classified. We don't want to be, but the annoying truth is that we are. In primary, there's the smart kids, the ones in between and the ones that need extra help. There's the nose pickers and the girls with perfect pigtails. In high school we are put into groups depending on our social status, personality and who we hang around with.

When we're older, we leave all that behind and become part of new categories, based on careers and income. But in the end, we all end up the same. Death is the settlement of groups.

But, at the moment, I'm sitting in my living room, reclined on the couch with a cup of tea in hand, surrounded by lovely women. I am very lucky to have my band, which is essentially a girl group, formed of myself and my three best friends, my sisters. I also have the lads, and with them, the girls we form Little Direction. And we form yet again another group when we involve the spouses and the children.

Anyways... The group I'm with at the moment is a group us women from the Gynaecology Centre formed. We're all women hoping to or trying to have children and we have all met through the Gynaecology Centre and each other. We meet once or twice a week at parks, cafes and most commonly each other's homes, and just sit and chat about children and ponder over different women sort of things and what it is going to be like when we do have children.

"I love your home, Jes. It's really nice!" Holly compliments. Holly, Eva, Nicole, Laura, Mia, Kirstin, Imogen, Rose, Kate and I form the group, plus Jade and Leigh- Anne who decided to join because they both want children one day, if not soon- ish. There's twelve of us all up, and it's a really friendly, nice group.

"Thanks, I like it. A lot of work has gone into it," I reply and Leigh and Jade agree whilst the others stifle a laugh. The house theme that Jordan and I finally settled on was pale yellow, light grey and white, all with modern patterns and lots of light.

I watch Kate shuffling around and then she pulls something out from underneath her. Leigh- Anne laughs a little and the others look at the little toy elephant in Kate's hands, confused. What the hell is that?

"It's Emma!" Jade exclaims. Excuse me? "Ellie's little elephant, you know, the one Harry bought in India when she was little?" Jade asks me. "Emma the Elephant?"

Ahh yeah! I remember. How the heck Emma got shoved down the back of my couch I have no clue, but I do remember Zayn asking around about if anyone had seen Emma? I thought he'd finally gone mental. Well, we found her!

"Is that the thing Ellie lost?" Leigh- Anne asks and Jade and I both nod our heads in reply. Well, we found your bloody elephant, Ellie. That child could lose her toys in freakin' out of space.

"How are all of your baby trying plans going?" Rose asks. We all start to converse about trying for babies. We've all been trying for ages and nothing seems to be happening, I just really want it to come soon. Sometime before I'm forty might be nice!

"And d'you know what really annoys me?" Laura says and we all put our attention on her. "When people who aren't even trying fall pregnant, like, obviously it's a blessing for them, but it really annoys me that us, the ones who are trying so hard, can't manage, but other women who aren't just fall pregnant!" Laura sighs and everyone nods their heads.

Is it bad Perrie immediately came to mind when she said that? Yes, that is bad. Because she's my best friend, but Perrie's fallen pregnant twice without trying.

"Are you thinking the same as me?" Leigh- Anne's voice breaks my train of thought and I look across to where Jade and Leigh are both looking at me, the same guilty sort of look on their faces.