Almost Lover

I don't have to work today and I was planning to sleep in but that was until my phone rang and forced me awake. I groaned and reached for my phone with droopy eyes, I checked caller ID but it was from a number I didn't recognize.

"Hello?" I said in a groggy voice.

"Oh, eh Esme? It's me Simon did I wake you up?" My eyebrows furrow together, why was Simon calling me and how did he get my number?

"No you didn't." I lie sitting up.

He chuckles. "I'm sorry for waking you up but I need your help." His voice turns serious towards the end, I'm fully awake now.

"Jay got drunk and fell asleep in the bathroom, the door's locked and I've been trying to get him out but I think he's sleeping. I'd stay and keep a watch but I have a show to preform it's 30 mins from now." I finally understand the reason for his call. "Can you come over to check on him? Maybe you can bring him out the bathroom?" He pleads.

I groan aloud. Why does this always happen to me? I mean first Zico and now Jay? "I'm sorry noona to be asking this of you, but everyone else is busy."

"Yeah, okay." I finally say. "I'll head right over."

"Thank you so much."

We hang up and I head over to my closet and grab a blouse and a clean pair of pants. I wonder why Jay was drunk, he either gets drunk when he's in a really good mood or a bad mood. I was hoping it would be because he was in a good mood but my gut said otherwise.

I called for a taxi and waited for it to come. My phone buzzed with a text from Zico asking if I was free, I texted him back saying I had a few things to take care of. By then the taxi was here and I asked the driver to take me to AOMG.

It was eight in the morning and I had to go take care of a drunk Jay. I tried really hard to be mad but a part of me was really happy to see him, it had been so long since I saw that smile of his or that glare he's famous for.

I stopped by a market to buy some medicine before we headed the rest of the way to AOMG. My mind kept bringing me back to what had happened last night with Zico, yesterday made things a bit more clear for me but I still couldn't be with him until I was sure that Hyuna was gone for good. Zico's sad eyes and determination sparked some hope in me that maybe we could get back together but at the same time I wasn't even sure if we had broken up.

I paid the taxi driver as we pulled up to AOMG and thanked him for the ride. I saw the security guards inside, and Jay's assistant. She lit up at the sight of me and walked around her desk and jogged to the door pulling it open for me. "I'm so glad your here." She says sincerely.

"Simon said you were coming, it's been so long since we've seen you here but I'm really glad you came today. He just wont come out that dam bathroom." I roll my eyes at his childishness.

"I'll see what I can do." I say. She shakes her head and cheers me on, I smile back and walk up those steps.

I remember the last time I was here with everyone and how nice they'd been. I missed this place, I hadn't realized it then but now with the huge smile on my face it was clear for me. I finally reached the second floor and walked into the kitchen. The place looked the same but it was pretty quiet, almost empty.

I began to wonder if someone was really here but then I remember Jay was in the bathroom, sleeping. I sighed knowing I had to be the one to get him out, I set the medicine bag onto the table and trudged over to the restroom which was next to the room where I slept at.

I checked the knob but as expected it was locked. I tapped on the door lightly but I could hear the heavy breathing from outside the door. "Jay?" I called.