Collision

Zico laughed and smiled a lot around his group of friends, he'd occasionally glance at me, through the crowd and give me a sweet smile. Sure there were a lot of people at the party and we had to keep our relationship low profile but being away from a goofy drunk Zico was agonizing. Especially when he would steal glaces at me, or we'd brush shoulders, the occasional skin ship made me blush a bright red which he'd stare at with his deep brown eyes making it all the more embarrassing.

Still I decided that distance was safer which was why I was sitting at one of the tables looking at a playfully drunk Zico.

Still seeing him happy made me really happy too, he deserved a smile on his face, he worked really hard as a leader of a k pop group and solo artist so seeing him have a little fun was really relieving.  We were already 3 hours into the party but it seemed like with every hour that passed it grew more and more energetic and more people would come. I guess Park Kyung a member of Block B was really aching for a lively energetic party. 

Still with this much alcohol it was bound to get loud real quick. I didn't mind sitting at a table talking with Mino who kept me company but I ended up encouraging him to go talk to his friends and now ended up completely alone. 

That was until a girl took a seat beside me, she was beautiful, long black hair, big eyes, pink lips, and a tight black dress. "So, how's the party?" She asks in English. 

I'm kind of shocked that she knows English but proceed to reply to what she asked. "Okay, very energetic." She laughs at my comment. 

"So, who do you belong to?" I give her an odd look which she takes note of and elaborates. "You see that guy over there with the shaggy hair?" She points at a guy whose leaning against the cocktail table who I think I've seen somewhere on TV. "I'm with him, he's an actor, really famous, very handsome." She says in broken English. 

I force a smile. I glance back at Zico who is currently singing a Block B song with some of the members that came. I wish he'd look at me when I needed him to, if she asked me who it was that I came with or sees who I leave with then I'm sure it's bound to start a scandal. I sigh heavily and glance back to the girl who was waiting for an answer, my answer. 

"I came alone." I lie. 

She giggles. "All the girls here know who were with, all of us know whose with who except you, your new, and depending on who your with you may not be here for too long." I feel like she's threatening me but it's confusing especially when she gives me a bright smile. 

"I'm sorry, who are you?" I ask. 

She smiles. "Ryu Hwa-young." She pronounces each syllable. I want it to ring a bell but I'm not really good with memorizing famous people or actors, mostly just people in general.   So when I don't give off some sort of reaction she just giggles out of disbelief. 

"Well sorry, I did come alone." Just then Mino comes back and hands me a drink. 

"Sorry noona, I was talking to some hyung's." He notices the girl besides me and greets her. I silently thank Mino for coming back. 

"I need to go to the restroom." I lie. Mino stands and helps me out. I signal him to come along. 

"Noona are you alright?" I make sure we're out of her sight before I fill him in on the details. I can trust Mino especially since he and Zico have been best friends since before they debuted. "Oh." He begins to understand the situation and looks back at the table where she's currently at and still watching us. "It's getting really late, I'll get Zico hyung so we can leave." I thank him and head out back where our driver would be. 

Thankfully she doesn't follow and instead heads back to the table of girls, who look at the direction I left to.  It's going to be really hard going out in public places or to social events with him and if I put him in danger I wouldn't be able to live with myself. 

I sigh into the chilly air and feel a pair of warm hands wrap around my waist. I can tell it's Zico by his cologne. "You look beautiful standing there." He whispers in Korean. 

I can tell he's drunk, I like it when he's drunk he turns really romantic and goofy. "Come on let's go." I take his hand and lead him to the car that is waiting for us. Mino waves bye as we start to drive off but I don't get a chance to tell him goodbye. 

It's embarrassing especially when his manager is the one driving. "I really really like you." He slurs.  I giggle when he begins to give me a sexy look, and that's when I realize I let my guard down, and he plants a kiss on my lips. 

He leaves a trail of kisses from my shoulder to my cheek and then finally my lips.  I cant taste the alcohol on his lips and by the taste I notice that he drank enough for the both of us. I lean in to kiss him better but it doesn't help, we bump noses and foreheads, which makes him laugh against my lips. "I love kissing you." He mumbles between kisses, he wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me closer. I take the initiative to wrap my arms around his neck , the kiss heats up too quickly and I'm too caught up in him to even realize that, I can tell by the way he kisses me that Zico and I connect, we just click, almost like he's the one, the guy I can be with for the rest of my life. 

No one can change that, nothing can, but then it all happens so quickly, in that short moment when we pause to take a short breath suddenly in slow motion I feel him slip from my arms, I feel myself being shoved back against the seat my head smacking against the glass, and I hear the loud clash of metal colliding.

It's hard to register what just happened but I know for sure we just hit something.

There's a pain on the back of my head from hitting it against the window. I look over to a fazed Zico who has a huge gash on his forehead.

My eyes widen at the sight of him.

Still in a state of shock I don't move an inch forward.

I begin to process what just happened but by then too many things start to come into perspective, like  Zico lazily slurring words and calling my name, and the familiar sound of sirens, police sirens. 

I sit up. "Zico?" I call out for him, but he's too out of it. I push him up and press his hand onto the gash on his forehead to keep it from bleeding too much. I can't be in here when the police come, it'll be bad. 

 I get out the car unscathed, luckily nothing but a throbbing headache, and fear that's building up from being on the scene. Zico's manager gets him out and leans him against the door, he seems a bit sober and calls for me. "You should go, you can't be seen with me." He seems sad when he says it. I give him a forced reassuring smile that he doesn't return.

He tosses me his phone which I catch, the sirens now visible, Zico motions for me to leave. I start to get a bad feeling in the pits of my stomach, I don't want to leave without him. 

"Zico." I mumble but trail off gazing into his soft brown eyes.

He shakes his head softly and motions for me to leave. "Go, Esme." And I do, making sure no one sees me, and glance back to an injured Zico who I can't even take care of because of our secret. And as I dial the first contact I recognize I realize that it was the first time Zico ever called me by my first name.

"Hello?" The familiar voice says as he picks up.