Through The City And Across The Ocean

I never realized how far Cairnholm was from London until today. Miss Peregrine informed us we would have to wait a day or so before some reliable person could take us there by boat. So she set out with us in tow to find a hotel near the ocean. Me, Abe, and Enoch's reactions to this was ecstatic, as none of us had ever been to the beach. On the second day of lounging around our hotel suite, Miss Peregrine finally let us go, as long as she went with us. After all, London is a big city.

"Come on, we're going to miss the bus!" I called behind me.

"If you hadn't taken so long to eat breakfast we would have been there by now!" Called Enoch back.

" Polite persons do not degrade others for issues they did not create Mr. O'Connor! Miss Peregrine shouted behind us.

Abe just ran along side our crazy line. I think he was slightly bewildered as to why we were screaming at each other. Yeah, he really had no idea.

We got to the bus just in time luckily. The bus driver was a scrawny middle-aged man who winked at Miss Peregrine as she got on the bus.

Us three shot each other an amused glance. We knew she would never buy it.

Once at the beach Miss Peregrine spread out a beach towel. We gathered around her. "No salt water for me." She said. "Go have fun!"

We'd been playing in the water for 15 minutes when I heard Miss Peregrine calling to us on shore. I told the boys to swim back in.

"Aha!" Miss Peregrine cried as she pointed out in the distance. I had to squint to see it, but there was a little row boat coming towards us.

"Yes! There are Miss Bloom and Miss Fraunfeld! I told them not to come here for me though. I'm going to have to have a talk with them later."

As the girls got closer I could start to make out their figures in the boat. A teenage red-haired girl was rowing in front, a short-haired blond in back.

"Girls! I told you not to come here!" Miss Peregrine scolded.

"But Miss, we thought that you were in need of our assistance." Explained the blonde haired girl.

"Is anyone even watching the children?"

"We left Hugh and Bronwyn in charge."

"Well you did something right."

Is this how my life in a loop is going to be? Constant fighting?

If so, it would still be better than where I used to be.

"Emma, sometimes I wish you just wouldn't be so brash with your thinking. You have a tendency to act without thinking about what your doing."

Through this whole conversation I noticed Abe staring at Emma. It was the same look I had seen Kate give him at Miss Grouse's home. I was glad to see one of us warming up to them.

"And  they are...." Emma asked, trailing off.

"Abraham Portman, very nice to meet you, Emma." Abe said.

" Hello, my name is Nettalyn Apiston." I said shyly.

Emma smiled." You must be Hugh's sister. He talks about you a lot. More recently since he sent that letter."

"Enoch O'Connor."

"Great." Emma said. "I'd suggest coming back with us. Only I'm not sure if we'll have enough room in the boat."

"You children can go ahead and leave for the island. I'll find another way back." Said Miss Peregrine.
"You heard her. Let's get going." Emma said, pushing the boat back into the water.