Jetta Davis ~8~ Kitchen Stir Up

I know, how late am I? I also think it's time to take the 'On Hold' bit off. Now, you waited soo long and for what? A short chapter... Yeyyy... Note the sacasm. Sorry for the crappy chappy. :/ Oh and Im going to change my name to....xxCuteCarotGirlxx

*************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 8: Kitchen Stir Up

I woke and had to stifle a scream. Vega was leaning over me in the mourning sunlight, with a look of concern covering. Like Savan, her skin was as white as a porcelain doll’s, her features, like Savan’s were like a perfectly sculpted statue.

Only Savan’s features were more angelic and he sometimes wore an almost humane expression. Savan is-

Savan? Why am I thinking about him? There’s a vampire leaning over me right now and im thinking of Savan! What is wrong with me?

"Jetta? Are you alright? You have dry tears on your face. Did you have a nightmare pet?” I haven’t seen Vega’s pale blue eyes so soft before.

She held her arms out and at that moment last night’s events came rushing back, almost as fast as it took to throw myself into Vega’s arms. I felt her pet my head as the tears sprang from my eyes once more.

After my little episode, and Vega promising not to tell anything, we got washed and dressed and went into the kitchen for breakfast.

I met Mrs Morte with a fleeting warm smile then got my food and sat at the table. Asrai met my eyes and smiled a big bright smile. Tariq and Athan smiled secretly at me. Vega smiled a soft smiled towards me. Milly was there and gave me a respectful nod before giving me a timid smile. Savan and Delano I didn’t look near.

Mr Morte came in and flashed me a knowing smile. It was the first time I met him and he didn’t seem as mean as Randle would have us think. In fact the only Morte I didn’t like was Delano. He was what Randle would call ruthless, merciless and maybe even evil. He didn’t seem to fit in this nice American household.

It was an American household too, if you take away the blood they have in the freezer, you would never suspect a thing. But I can't help wondering when or if I’ll leave. Im beginning to like this family but I really miss my own.

Randle as my guardian, Luke my little playful brother, Will and Brenda were my big over-protective siblings and Nick a boy I always treated like my twin. Even when we were small we did everything together, still do. Even though Trevor is our boss, he was like a father, someone we could always trust. And now I let them down.

I just want to go to my family and help them cope with our fallen sister Jenny. A girl who's life had only just begun. Who was kind and helpful and had clear jade green eyes and white blonde hair. She was our open book, who always had her thoughts and feelings laid out for all to see. She was fragile, too fragile for the job of a hunter. And soon she paid the price of this life with her own.

I felt my eyes sting slightly but I pushed the very needed tears back, not wanting to show my weakness to these people. It doesn’t matter how comfortable I get here, but the fact still stands. They are vampires, and I must never forget that because, even if they are nice, I can't let my guard down in a house of vampires.

“Jet? Hello. You still here?” Athan and Tariq’s faces were thrust in front of my face making me jerk backwards, meaning I went flying of the chair. I closed my eyes waiting for the impact to hit, but nothing came, except cool strong arms.

I looked up into Delano's dark blue eyes. He smiled down at me before setting me down on my seat once again.I murmured a quick thanks and looked over in the one direction I really didn’t want to. Savan’s. I saw his eyes narrow into thin slits towards Delano’s arm, which by the way was still wrapped around my waist. For some odd reason I felt a little guilty, but I don’t know why.

I turned my head until it was about an inch away from Delano’s ear, “You can let go now, you know,” but he wasn’t paying attention, he was too intent in glaring right back at Savan. You could cut the tension with a darn butcher knife and it would do no good.

I heard Delano sigh softly before taking his arm away. He started to walk out but turned back for one last second and winked at me. And that pushed Savan a little too far…