Part 13: Issues

Poor Dan looked really flustered as he stumbled into the bathroom. I stood left in the kitchen, laughing silently at myself. Who would've known I could do that?

I quickly finished coating the rest of the cupcakes in frosting and I sprinkled a layer of rainbow sprinkles on top. They honestly looked quite good, and I was rather proud of what me and Dan had made.

I gathered all the dirty utensils and dropped them in the sink before I turned on the water. Carefully, I washed each and every single one of the things before I grabbed a towel to dry them. Dan still hadn't come back yet.

I grabbed a plate and placed as many cupcakes I could fit onto it, for so hunting down three plates and glasses. I placed all of it on the table in the lounge, feeling like quite the waitress because I didn't drop a single thing. From the fridge I grabbed a carton of orange juice.

"Phil," I whispered as I shook him lightly. "Phil, we've made breakfast!"
His eyes fluttered before he opened them to reveal the piercing pair of blue irises.
"Wh-what?" he grunted with a thick morning voice.
"Breakfast is ready!" I said again.

Dan's pov
"Breakfast is ready!" Leah said as she sat in front of Phil. I knew he'd respond to that word.
"Oh!" Phil said as he sat up straight and grabbed a cupcake. I dropped down next to him a moment later, and grabbed my own.

"These are delicious, who made them?" He asked.
"Dan did," Leah replied, too fast for me to get in a comment.
"I don't believe that," Phil laughed. "Dan can't cook at all, not even with the help of Delia Smith!"
"Actually I did make them, but Leah did the frosting," I shot in, blushing slightly of the memory of what had happend in the kitchen less than fifteen minutes ago.
"That explains it." Phil said, still laughing slightly.

Leah sat on the floor, turning a cupcake in her hands. She hadn't eaten it yet. Suddenly she looked up to meet my gaze.
"You promised," I mouthed at her so Phil wouldn't hear.
She looked away for a second before tearing off a microscopic bit. Leah stared at it like it was poison, before she put it in her mouth and started to chew slowly.
I relaxed quite the bit.

Half an hour later I'd eaten two, Phil had eaten four and Leah had eaten a half. Normally I'd eat five or six, but seeing her sitting there looking miserable as she ate a cupcake because she'd promised someone, made me lose my appetite.
Anything was better than nothing, and I wouldn't pressure hee further so I let it be for now, knowing I'd have to serve more meals a day instead of a few bigger ones.

"So, what's on the program today?" Leah asked as she carefully placed the half-eaten cupcake on the table. She crossed her legs, looking up at us for an answer.
"Well, I need to film a video today, my subscribers have been bugging me all week!" Phil said. It was typical him, caring so much for his fans.
"I don't have any plans, actually" I said.
"Me neither," Leah smiled back at me.
"How about we all go out for lunch or something when I'm done filming?" Phil asked. "It's rather early anyway, so it will be appropriate lunch time when I'm done in an hour or two."

"Sure!" Leah and I replied in unison.
"Movie?" I asked her as Phil got up from the sofa.
"Movie." Leah replied, before she added "Nice butt!" as a comment to Phil who were walking towards his room in only a boxer and t-shirt. I knew he was blushing without having to look.

"Lee, what's your story?" I asked halfway through the movie. I had seen it before so I payed more attention to the girl cuddled up next to me.
"What do you mean?" She replied with a tired voice. It was rather obvious that she was close to falling asleep.
"Where do you come from? Why haven't I seen you around before? Where's your family? You say you have no friends, why?"
"That's one hell of a lot of questions," She turned around and smiled at me.
"I was born in Paignton, but my father was Danish, so I'm only 50% British i guess," She laughed at this.
"You haven't seen me around because I recently moved here, less than a month ago actually. It used to be only me, my mother and little brother. My father died of cancer last year. A few months later we were in an accident, my brother, mother and I. I made it, they didn't."