Part 4: Discovering

When I woke up, the sun was shining through my windows and straight onto my face. I sat up, suddenly beware of my surroundings. Once again I'd passed out on the couch, and my arm and head hurts like hell. What the fuck is wrong with me?
What isn't wrong with you?

I stretched to test my limits before I rose to grab a glass of water. I wasn't hungry so this would have to do.
Yeah that's right Leah, ignore that aching tummy of yours. You don't need anything today.

I nearly got a heart attack when a loud nock came from my front door. I'd literally just woke up from the couch and I was already a mess before I ended up there, but right now I didn't really care.

A pair of bright brown eyes hit mine when I opened the door. Dan
"Uh, Hi," I said suddenly very self-conscious, nervously tugging the end of my sleeves to completely cover my hands.
"Leah, hi. How a-" he stopped when he took an actual look at my face. "My god, are you okay? Have you been crying?"
I seriously didn't want nor needed his pity.
"No, I'm fine," I spat harshly back at him. What was he doing here?

Definition: Fine (adjective)
"A strong feeling that everything is okay, also used as an excuse to express the opposite"

"You've got mascara on your entire face, you don't look fine." Dan's eyes were filled with concern, not that I would know because I'd already shut the door in front of his shocked expression.

"Leah! Leah let me in!" He had started to slam his palms against the door and I just wanted it to stop.

(Trigger warning)

My hands were starting to shake and my head was spinning.
See, this is what you get when you try to act normal, way to go you freak!

Black patches danced in front of my eyes, and unconsciously I reached for my wrists and dug my nails into my recent cuts. Dan was still yelling and blood started to run from my fingertips and dropped at my feet. I felt like I was suffocating, my breath was uneven and I gulped down the air in precious breaths. Still it wasn't enough. With both my hands I started to claw and scratch my neck as the world kept spinning into darkness and I felt a sharp pain hit my left temple.
This is it

*Dan pov*
"Leah! Leah let me in!" oh my god what was wrong? Why did she shut the door in my face? I kept knocking on the door.

I could hear her breathing rather loudly and uneven, what was going on? Leah kept sobbing and I instantly knew something was wrong. Why did I have to fuck up so badly? Why did I say that about her make up?

"Leah!" I kept shouting, wanting her to open the door and let me in..
Don't be so selfish Dan, she obviously don't want you here. What are you going to do anyway? Are you expecting her to open up to a complete stranger?
I bit my lip and turned away when I heard the unmistakable sound of a body hitting the floor.

In that moment I gave up everything and ran straight for her door. I didn't care if what I was doing counted as trespassing as I flung my body against the door and broke it open. My heart literally fell to the ground and shattered as I laid my eyes upon her.

Leah laid on the floor with her eyes closed and her skin pale as a China Doll. Her cheeks were painted with fresh tears and her hair was an absolute mess, but all I saw was the blood. Seeping from both of her wrist, neck and nose. What should I do?
I ran over and laid her head in my lap as I inspected the damage. Leah let out a small breath through her teeth as I ran my fingers down her face.
She isn't dead!

I reached over to check the pulse on her wrist, that's when I saw it. The main reason for the blood around us came from scratches and cuts in layers across both of her fragile, pale wrists and arms. As I pulled her sleeves up I only saw more and they just never had an ending!

Leah had more fresh tears on her cheeks now, but they weren't hers. Why would she do this to herself? She's so beautiful, funny, sma-
Dan, you don't even know her properly!
But I wanted to, so bad.

(a/n)
HEY THERE NUGGETS,
Yeah, yeah this totally sucks and blah blah, but I'm a little caught up in school atm. But I promise, I'll write more when the vacation starts in approximately 18 HOURS..

Xchris