Chapter Twenty-Two: Quiet Before the War

I just want to warn you that this chapter is a little boring. BUT! It should answer all those lingering questions you have for the book, so that's the upside.

I want to thank everyone who has fanned/voted/commented on my story. It means so much to have your support.

I personally want to dedicate this chapter to @Skylar_Marie for all their lovely comments. It really brightened up my day to see that people are actually getting into the story.

Enjoy! And keep the comments and votes coming guys <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Twenty-Two: Quiet Before the War

My breath hitched in my throat. I opened my eyes, a sudden burst of energy hitting me as I sensed something was off. I sat up slowly, examining the room for anything out of the ordinary. But I came up with nothing. What was this feeling I was experiencing?

"You're awake," a voice whispered from the other side of the room.

"Sadly," I answered. I didn't recognize their tone, nor could I see them through the shadows of the room.

"What makes you say that, Roxanne?" The man questioned and I knew it was one of my brothers guards by the way he addressed me.

I sighed. "No reason." But there was a reason. I could feel something stirring inside of me. Gloria was put to rest, but that didn't change the fact I could still sense her. Something or someone was making her stir in her sleep. But what could possibly be getting to her? I've never felt this feeling inside of me before and I don't think anything good can come of it.

"I think I'll go for a walk," I told him as I went to get off the bed.

The man rushed to my side and forced me to stay put with his hands. "Alpha Stone as ordered you rest the night."

"I don't care what 'Alpha Stone' has commanded. Let go of me!"

"I'm sorry, Roxanne, I cannot."

"I need fresh air, I don't feel well. Please?" I asked nicely, hoping he would give into my sweet act. I really didn't feel good and I knew I couldn't stay inside any longer.

"I'll open the window," he answered before hurrying over to the windowsill.

"No, that won't be necessary. I just want to go for a walk. You can even come with me if that will help," I suggested, but I knew by the look on his face he wasn't having it.

The moonlight reflected from the window, revealing the mans face. He had long brown hair and a very short beard growing. He wasn't young, but he wasn't very older either. I had never seen him before, but that didn't surprise me much. Derrek never let me know any of the pack if they were male. I guess he's okay with it now though since I have Leo and all.

"Look, Roxanne, I am a good man. I know you've been having a hard time, but I can't go against your brothers orders. I wish I could help you, but I can't."

"More like you won't," I pouted.

"I'm sorry," he apologized once more, like it would make any difference.

The room went silent after that. I took a few deep breaths and tried to trick my mind out of this feeling of despair. Him rejecting me the right to go for a walk made everything intensify. I needed a distraction, so I decided to talk again.