Chapter Eighteen: Destined To Be Evil

"MABEL!" I shouted as I slammed the door to her room shut behind me. 

"R-Roxie, is that you?!" She jumped and I couldn't hold back a laugh. 

"Get your ass over here and hug me!" I demanded in a playful tone. 

"O-okay?" She laughed. Slightly confused, but keeping up the playful tone. 

I ran over and embraced my very missed best friend in a hug. I smiled lightly at the fact I'm back home, but only with more power than before. I'll never go back to the way things used to be. I'm not that girl anymore. 

"Are you feeling okay?" Mabel asked, pulling back to examine my face thoroughly. 

"Other than the fact MY BROTHER'S AN ASS, I'm great!" I smiled, yelling the part about my brother in hopes he would hear me. 

"Um, Roxie?" Mabel spoke, giving me a bewildered glare. 

"Yeah?" 

"What the heck happened to you?" Mabel whispered, her eyes darting back and forth in search for an answer. 

"What do you mean?" I laughed lightly at the stupidity of her question. 

"Well no offense, girl. But you've changed- greatly," Mabel replied, biting her lip nervously awaiting my response. It reminded me of how I used to do that kind of stuff, but I never get nervous anymore. 

"I stopped being weak," I shrugged. Like it was the most obvious thing in the world, and to me it was. 

"Oh," Mabel mumbled as she let her eyes drop to the ground. 

"Something wrong?" I pressed, not liking the way my best friends talking to me. 

I haven't seen her in weeks, and this is the welcome I get?! I thought we were closer than this. Why does she insist on playing twenty-questions? I haven't changed that much... Or have I? 

"Nothing's wrong... It's... Er..." She trailed off, leaving me more curious than ever. 

"Mabel, just say it," I said, rolling my eyes at her. 

"Well, when you woke up without your memory-" 

"I WHAT?!" I shouted, refusing to believe I heard her correctly. 

"You don't remember?" Mabel questioned as she bit her lip harder and played with the hem of her shirt. 

"NO!"  

"W-well, um. Well you woke up and wanted.... You, well... You wanted-d," She tried to get out, but her stutters were making me crazy. 

"Mabel, please just spit it out! What don't I remember?!" I urged, shaking her tiny form. I was more than eager to get a proper response out of her. 

"YOU DREAMED OF XAVIER AND WANTED HIM! I saw it all on my computer, Roxie," She blurted out. Her eyes were shut tightly and her face was bunched up as if she was expecting a hit to come her way any second. 

"X-Xavier?" I wondered, stumbling on my words as thoughts of him flooded my mind. 

"Yes. Do you need to sit down?" Mabel asked, but was already pulling me towards her bed and forcing me to sit. 

Out of nowhere, tears came to my eyes. I didn't feel sad, honestly. But here they were, falling at their own free will as if I was the saddest girl in the world. I fought to catch my breath, but it came out staggered and short. Mabel cradled me in her arms, speaking nothing at all. She just held me in a comforting embrace. I wanted to tell her I'm fine and that Xavier means nothing to me, but I couldn't. Something inside of me was yearning for his touch, his lips, his scent... OH GOD!