Chapter Fifteen: Losing Control

      I woke up wrapped in the arms of another. I felt the usual safe and calm part of me, which was all I needed to know it was Leo next to me in bed. My wolf was having a fit inside my mind and I couldn't understand why. Maybe she found it unsettling for me to sleep next to another man? Well I mean I certainly didn't go to sleep with Leo, but who else would invite their self into my room and take a nap beside me?  

"Leo?" I called out, panicked by the thought of it being someone else beside me.  

"Guess again," A deep husky voice whispered in my ear.  

"Xavier," I growled, annoyed by the fact he's in my room again and in bed with me after everything he's done.

"I think you're in the wrong room, sluts sleep in the rooms downstairs." I mumbled, trying to get him annoyed enough to leave me alone. 

"Really? Cause' I could have sworn you don't sleep down there," He smirked; pleased with his insult towards me.

"Are you calling me a slut after you were the one surrounded by girls?!" I questioned; my anger raising higher than I planned.

"Takes one to know one," Xavier shrugged.

I gave him the best death glare I could muster up in the morning before responding. "Well it makes sense your mate would be a slut, beings that it's the only kind of girl you can attract with a fucking cocky attitude like that," I spat.  

I felt a growl rumble through Xavier's chest as his arms tightened around me. "Roxie, you're mine," He declared through gritted teeth.  

"Let go of me!" I shouted as I tried to pry myself from him.  

"No," He answered in a stern voice. "I saw you and Leo yesterday. You. Are. Mine,"  He repeated, this time emphasizing each word.  

"As if!" I exclaimed, enraged by  his comment towards me. "You have Julie and I have Leo. We are nothing to each other."  

The second I said that, my wolf made a threatening growl toward Xavier. "I'll put him in shit place," She hissed and I couldn't help but roll my eyes at her choice of words.  

"Do me a favor Xavier and go back to your slut of a girlfriend," I sighed, quickly growing tired of all this.  

"Leave Julie out of this," Xavier growled, loud enough for me to hear the slight protection for her he held in his voice.  

That was all it took to make me snap. Hearing him threatening me over her was enough to push me over the edge. I began to shake and growl, my wolf was on the verge of surfacing and I didn't make an effort to keep her at bay.  

I ripped myself from Xavier's hold and pinned him to the ground after practically throwing him off the bed. "Don't tell me what to do," I warned him in a serious tone.  

My voice reached a lower, daring pitch that even I didn't recognize. Xavier could have pushed me off, but he didn't and it was probably because he was taken back by the whole situation. I had never snapped on anyone like this before; I was always the innocent one who needed protection. Xavier made all my patience leave though; it didn't take this boy long to scar me and force me to change who I am.  

I starred into his eyes of confusion and surprise and it gave me power to think I caused that. For some reason my wolf was howling at the thought of finally having power and being in control. I let her have her fun, but on the inside I was scared. I didn't know what it meant for me to feel this way and that terrified me. I don't want to become some monster, but do I really want people walking all over me?