Chapter Two: A Brother's Rage

(Picture of Mabel to the right)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Two: A Brother's Rage

"Mabel, Mabel!" I screamed, running down the hall in a full sprint to tell my best friend the best news in the world.

"What?!" She chuckled, poking her head out of the door to her room.

"It's Derrek!" I must have been smiling like an idiot, because Mabel was giving me a weird look as she held back a full on laugh.

"What about Derrek?" She questioned, stepping out of her room in skinny jeans and the same purple shirt from before.

I stopped running and leaned against Mabel to catch the small bit of breath I lost before answering. "He said I can sit in on his meeting with the Black Moon pack!" I practically jumped for joy while telling her and she began to laugh again, but didn't do as well of a job to hold it back as she did before.

"Seriously? You get to sit in on a boring meeting. What could possibly be so awesome about that?" She narrowed her eyes as she stopped her giggles.

"Because there will be unmated males there!" I squeaked with a smile spread wide across my face again.

"SERIOUSLY?!" Her blue eyes widened in shock and I shook my head rapidly to her, while she joined me in screaming for joy.

"What the hell is going on out here?" Lance asked, rubbing his tired brown eyes; which was probably from just being woken up after a long night on duty.

"Sorry Lance," Mabel whispered apologetically to him.

"Hey Lancelot!" I half chuckled at my nickname for him as I gave him a playful punch to the arm.

I've known Lance for as long as I can remember, actually come to think of it, I became so close to Mabel because of him. My brother told him to have her be my friend, because no other guy would hang around her if I was around. Him and my brother have always been close friends and that's why when Derrek became Alpha, it only made sense that Lance would become his Beta.

"Hey Roxanne," Lance chuckled, smirking to himself at the use of my real name.

I scrunched up my nose in disgust at the sound of it. "Stop," I whined and that only made him laugh harder.

"Sorry sweetie, go back to bed and I'll be in there soon," Mabel smiled to Lance with eyes full of love.

I have to say, looking at these two makes me jealous. Everything they do is out of love for the other and knowing I'll never get that makes me sad. Mabel brings out the best in Lance and he brings out the wild part of her. They balance each other out and it's truly the Gods modeling off their finest match yet.

"Okay, not too long though," Lance leaned into her, his short brown hair mixing with the top of her long blond. He gave her a short kiss on the forehead, before turning and going back inside the dark room.

"Hey Mabel?" I called for her attention and I could tell she struggled to pry her eyes from the door her mate just went behind.

"Yeah?" She asked with an uneven voice.

"Never mind, I'm going to bed... Goodnight," I muttered as I turned on my heel and made my way for the steps to get up to my bedroom.

"Goodnight, Roxie!" She sang from behind, but I could tell she was in a hurry to join Lance again. In the next second her door was slamming shut and I could hear her giggles as she joined her mate on their bed.

I made my way down the hall and up the flight of stairs to get back to the fourth floor and head up to my room. I have the biggest bedroom in this whole house, but I also have the most secluded. Only my brother and I have rooms on this floor, so no one is allowed up here. One time someone got lost and I swear, I've never seen my brother lose his temper so much before. I was actually scared to go near him for awhile, but once things cooled down, it all went back to normal.

(Flashback)

I had just gotten out of the shower and I was more than eager to get my outfit on to leave with Mabel. I ran a brush through my thick brown hair and let it naturally dry into curls. I grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans and my favorite long sleeved, tight blue shirt. I love the way it fits to my body perfectly and even though I don't need it to stay warm, it keeps me extra cozy when heading out.

Once I was finished getting dressed, I pulled out a pair of black flats. I had just finished sliding them on my feet when the door to my room opened up.

"Hello?" A male voice called out, probably more than confused to walk into a bright purple room with a fuzzy blue butterfly statue hanging on the wall.

"Wrong room!" I laughed to myself as I saw his face turn into a blush.

This guy can't be older than fifteen, which is only a year older than me and he's actually kinda cute. I gave him a smile and stood up to greet him with a handshake.

"I'm Roxie!" I smiled even brighter as his brown eyes lit up, giving me a cute boy smile in return.

"Stan," He said, shaking my hand.

"So what brings you here?" I asked, playing with the wet curls forming in my hair.

"I'm here to meet with the Alpha about joining this pack, but by the looks of this room I can tell this clearly is not the Alpha's." We both laughed at his comment. Seeing Derrek in a girly room like mine would probably be the best sight ever.

"Yeah, he just loves the zebra print," I chuckled, pointing to my purple zebra print pillows.

"You kidding?! I think he likes the heels even more," Stan smirked, pointing out the messy mountain of shoes in my closet.

That comment was all it took to send me into a complete set of hysterical giggles. I have never talked to a boy before and by the way this conversation is going; I can't see why it took me so long to. Derrek doesn't like me around guys, he says their all jerks and out for themselves, but Stan doesn't seem that bad. Besides, how bad can all guys be if my own brother is one? He's like the sweetest thing on this planet, so I doubt 
all men are complete ass's.

"STAN!" A loud voice boomed from down the hall.

Crap, busted!

"Go! You need to go now!" I shouted at Stan, pushing him to back out of my room.

"Why? Is he your mate?" Stan asked with a puzzled expression.

"Even worse- my older Brother," I stated.

My eyes grew wide as I saw Derrek coming up from behind Stan. 
His eyes were a dark black, enraged by the intruder in my bedroom. His hands were clenched into fists and I could tell he's more than ready to take a swing at Stan. I moved in front, pushing Stan to be behind me while I dealt with my brother and his rage.

"Stop! Derrek, he got lost, nothing happened and it won't happen again." I pleaded him, elbowing Stan in the stomach to agree.

"Uh- Yeah." He mumbled and I rolled my eyes.

"get. Out. NOW!" Derrek screamed in my face, but it was directed towards Stan.

It didn't take Stan another yell to get the picture that he needs to go. I hope he finds another pack and gets out of here alive. I feel bad he had to walk into my room, of all the rooms in the house. The Gods must have a serious death wish for this poor boy.

"What happened?" Derrek asked, pushing me aside and walking into my room to sniff around once Stan was out of sight.

"Nothing, Derrek! He got lost!" I yelled at him and he shot me a look filled with nothing but anger. "I'm sorry," I whispered, looking down at my feet, ashamed for yelling at my big brother and Alpha.

Derrek took in a deep breath to calm himself down before gathering the words to answer. "It's fine, just don't let it happen again." He shut his eyes, smoothing down his brown wavy hair to gain control over his emotions.

"I think I'll just go find Mabel now," I muttered as I turned on my heel to leave the room.

Derrek reached out and grabbed me by the wrist, spinning my body around to face his. "No," He spoke using his Alpha voice against me. "You are staying in here, where I know for a fact no boy can put his hands on you. I will not let my baby sister be hurt by a guy," He growled and I was so shocked I didn't have the words to answer.

The tears started to form in my eyes as I nodded a 'yes' in understanding. Walking over to my bed, I put my face down in one of the pillows to hide my crying eyes from Derrek. He sighed and made his way over to join me on the bed. He kissed the top of my head and whispered a goodnight to me before leaving and shutting my door behind him.

I stayed there on the bed, crying into my pillow for what could only be hours. Derrek never lets me do anything and I hate that. He thinks he's protecting me, but honestly he's only doing more damage. I can't be hidden away forever, I don't want to. He has to learn one day to let me go, or I fear we won't be as close anymore and I'll just shut him out.

(End Flashback)

I sighed and rolled over in my bed. I guess I've come a long way since then and I think Derrek has too. He's letting me sit in on a meeting, so that has to mean he cares and is attempting progress. I just can't wait though; I can finally be around guys and not feel guilty. Derrek is allowing me to do something, and even if it's with strangers who will probably hate me and do something stupid like growl at me the whole time, at least it's something!

I grinned like an idiot as I let my mind wander and go through all the possible ways next weeks meeting could go wonderfully. I got happier and happier, liking the next possibility more then the other and pretty soon, I found sleep.