Chapter Sixteen: Going Home

"Leo, wait," I called out in a hushed voice.

"What is it, Roxie?" Leo questioned me as he came to a halt from my words.

I tried to stay calm, but I just couldn't anymore. "I'm scared," I whispered in a shaky voice.

"I'll always protect you; you have nothing to fear," He told me softly, while moving a fly away hair of mine back behind my ear.

"It's Gloria, my wolf, she won't leave me alone. She hasn't said anything, but I can feel her. It's this stupid thing about her finally getting 'power deserved' or something like that... Leo, she doesn't want me to go home. She wants me to go back and... Kill," I answered, my voice cracking at the end as a sob broke through me.

"Fight her, Roxie. We're almost to the Nightfall Pack territory, she won't bother you once we get there," He tried reassuring me, but it didn't work.

Instead of arguing him on it, I took my hand in his again and proceeded to walk home. Gloria wouldn't give it a rest though. Every so often I heard her mumble things about revenge and taking control. I attempted to push her out of my head, but she wasn't budging. I wasn't sure what it was exactly that got her so wound up like this, but then again; I wasn't sure I wanted to know.

Leo gave my hand a light squeeze when he saw how deep in thought and worried I was over all of this. I tried to give him the best smile I could muster up, but I don't think it worked as good as I planned. I let out a sigh of frustration as we continued our journey through the dark, dense forest.

"You know, it would be quicker if we shifted," Leo spoke after a while of lingering silence.

"Leo, I already told you I can't. There's no telling what Gloria will do if I give her control like that."

"I know, but what if I just shift and you ride on my back?" He suggested and I had to admit it was a good idea.

"Are you sure you won't get tired though?" I asked, but it only made him chuckled.

"The son of a Beta getting tired from a little girl riding on his back? No, I think I'll live," He laughed.

"Little girl, eh? I'll show you little girl," I mumbled under my breath. But thanks to werewolf heightened hearing; Leo heard me loud and clear.

Laughing even harder from my remark; Leo replied, "I'm shaking in my bones."

"Leo Jones, Ladies and Gentlemen!" I shouted sarcastically to no one in particular.

I could still hear Leo laughing as he disappeared behind a pair on trees to strip down in order to shift. It felt nice having him around. As much of the jokester that he is, he knows just how to distract and calm down my mind. It got me to wondering if Derrek will really like him too. I know I said he would, but would he even give Leo a chance?

All my thoughts were cut short as a big brown wolf dashed out from the trees. Leo nearly knocked me on my feet as he rushed past me in a playful way. I caught myself though and maintained my balance. Leo walked up to my side and gave me a light nudge with his head to my hip. I took the clothes he was holding out of his mouth and carefully climbed up on his back. I was trying not to pull any hairs on him, but Leo wasn't being patient enough. So being the 'hilarious' person that he is, he kicked up his back legs and I went tumbling forward on him.

"Would you quit it?" I half laughed, but still tried to hold a serious front. Leo wasn't buying it though and I could tell from the happy bark he let out as my reply.