Chapter Nine: No Apologies Welcome

I woke up wrapped in the arms of another, their heat radiating off their skin and onto mine. I could feel their hot breath against the back of my exposed neck, sending chills throughout my entire body. My body was pressed tightly to theirs and the light struggle I made to move away caused a low growl to vibrate through their chest. As weird as it was for that person to make that type of sound in reaction to me moving away, it also made me feel strangely safe and warm.

I slowly lifted my eyelids to take in the room around me. Darkness consumed every corner of the room, giving away nothing as to what's hiding within it. I cocked my head to the side in attempt to see the sleeping person beside me. Although the darkness hid the room, it couldn't hide the one man I've come to know oh so well over the past few days- Xavier Daniels; my mate.

Seeing him laying there so calm and innocent made my heart swoon for him, but I know that's not even close to the feelings I should be having. He's the man who locked me up, nothing he does can make up for something as horrible as that. As much as the sight of him sleeping here melts my core, I can't let him get away with what he's done. I need to space myself from this terrible man and get out of here. I'm not here to stay, it's actually been an overextended visit- if you can actually categorize this as a visit.

I pressed my feet into his legs, leveraging my body to break away from his grip. I pushed myself against his arms, attempting to break the connection his hands made with my body. The second I actually even got close to breaking free from his iron grip, he awoke and pulled me back in.

"What are you doing?" He asked in a groggy voice from just waking up.

"Let me go!" I exclaimed, determined to leave and part myself from his body.

"Go where?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow at my words.

"Go home! Let go of me!" I shouted, thrashing around as much as I could in his tight lock.

Xavier took in a deep breath before releasing it all at once in a big huff. "Fine," He answered, half amused."You can leave."

His arms loosened around me and pulled away, retreating back to his sides. I looked at him wide eyed for some time, not really knowing if he's being serious or not. He smiled down at me, amused by God knows what. I let a long silence drag out, hoping he would jump at the opportunity to explain, but he obviously didn't. Once the initial shock wore off, I gave a small smile before jumping off the bed and onto my feet.

The second I left the blankets, cool air hit my body. I shivered, feeling more than frozen by the odd wind hitting my skin. It wasn't until I brought my hands up to rub my arms to warm myself that I noticed one thing in particular; I'm naked.

I screamed at the thought of me standing here naked in front of him. I quickly threw my body to the ground, curling up into a ball and making sure to cover all the good stuff as much as I possibly could. Xavier flicked a light on, exposing his white walled and wooded floored bedroom.The thought of him seeing me like this creeped me out, but what really got me was the thought of me laying next to him like this.

"Why am I naked?!" I managed to blurt out once my mind got its thoughts into order.

Xavier chuckled, showing me why he was amused by me leaving the blankets. The guy probably undressed me while I was asleep and put me into bed with him- gross. That's sick and thinking about it makes me want to hurl. I hate this man, I'm detested by him and he's the last person on this planet that I want to see me naked, aside from my brother that is.

"Calm down Roxie, it's okay if I see you, we're mates," He stated casually, poking his head out from the bed and looking down onto my curled up naked body.

"Stop!" I groaned, hiding my face in my knees.

Another deep chuckle filled the room before I heard him get off the bed and make his way over to somewhere else. I lifted my head to see Xavier heading into his closet in search for something. I was going to ask what, but before I could, he returned with a big white short sleeved shirt. He gave me a smirk before tossing it over and letting it fall to the floor beside me.

"There," He stated with a grin. "Put that on."

I looked at the shirt on the ground for sometime, deciding what exactly my next move is going to be. "Turn around," I demanded, not wanting him to catch another peak of anything else on my body.

The grin on his face was quick to fade after my order was given. I could tell he's more than reluctant to obey, but at the same time he looks as if he might call defeat. He narrowed his eyes in on mine, allowing a gap of time to leave us so he can glare. After what must have been two minutes, Xavier let out a suppressed sigh before turning on his heel to face the other direction.

I grabbed the shirt and jumped onto my feet, being sure to make my actions as quick as possible. I slid the over sized tee over my head and smiled at it when it came down to mid thigh.

"Done," I told him and he was quick to turn back around to face me once again.

A big smile lit up on his face at the sight of me. I looked down, inspecting my body for any exposed flesh, but I saw none. I trailed my eyes up and back to his, he stared back at with with eyes of awh. I have no idea what's going on or why he's acting the way he is, but it's freaking me out.

"Stop that," I demanded, narrowing my eyes on him, determined to find his true intentions.

"You look beautiful in my shirt." He complimented, giving my body another scan before returning to my eyes.

My mouth dropped open by his words; he cannot be serious right now. Hitting on me after locking me up, that's bullshit! Why the hell does anything I have to say, do, or wear matter to him anyway? I think he's made it more than clear before that we aren't equal and we certainly will not be living as mates.

"You're something else," I told him, angered by his actions towards me. "You can't give me a fucking compliment after you lock me up and ignore me for four days!"

"And why not?" He questioned, letting the smile of his turn into a smirk.

"Because it just isn't right!" I shouted, crossing my arms over my chest.

Xavier let out another deep chuckle while taking small steps towards me. "You're my mate, right doesn't matter, love does."

"Love?!" I yelled in a questioning voice. "What the hell do you know about love?! You treat me like crap; the only person you love is yourself!"

"Roxie," He growled, moving quicker to be by my side. "Do not push me," He warned with daring eyes.

I tried to move away from him, but that only caused him to wrap his arms around my waist. He pulled me into his hard chest, kissing the top of my head. I stood here, dumbfounded by his actions. The other day he tells all this stuff about him being 'Alpha Daniels' and now he's calling me his mate, kissing me, complimenting me, and 'loving' me? What the hell is wrong with this man?!

"I'm sorry," He whispered faintly, his face still pressed to the top of my head. "I shouldn't have locked you up, I realize that now. I was just trying to be an Alpha before a mate, but now I see that it's actually supposed to be the other way around. I want to make it up to you, I want to get close to you, Roxie. We're mates and that's not going to change, so I want you to accept me despite past events." He explained in a sincere tone.

A long pause passed as I tried to process this all inside my mind. "Oh..." Was my brilliant response to him after all that hard thinking.

"Roxie, I mean every word I say when I tell you that I want to try again, start fresh." He replied, bringing his hands up to my arms to rub small circles in them.

"Xavier," I answered, breaking free from his grip and backing away to steady my thoughts. "It doesn't work like that. You can't just say sorry and expect everything to be forgiven! I don't know you and you don't know me, so for all I know this could be an act."

"It's not an act, Roxie and you're right, we don't know each other. That is exactly why I want us to start over and give this another try." He pleaded, stepping closer to me.

"No, Xavier. Right now you have me creeped out, confused and downright angry!" I shouted, the rage hidden inside me finally coming out. "I want to go home, but you won't allow me that. So until you do, I'm not doing or listening to anything you have to say." I stated, crossing my arms over my chest and sticking my nose up in the air at him.

"Roxie, this is your home now. As much as I would love to let you visit your brother to make you happy; I can't. He wants you back, but I can't let him see you until I know for a fact you won't run." He answered, shaking his head to me. 

"He's my brother, Xavier! You want to start over and make me happy? Let me go home!" I declared, earning a threatening growl from Xavier in return. 

"No. I will not have my mate talk to me like that. Learn your place, Roxie, or else I will not keep you around," He warned me. 

"I don't want you to keep me around! Xavier you hurt me so bad these last few days. You told people we aren't mates for crying out loud!" I could feel my blood rising and my wolf clawing to come out, but I didn't know how to help her. 

"I will tell people we're mates when I see you're fit to be a Luna. Right now, I see a pathetic girl trying to show dominance over one of the most powerful Alpha's on the east coast."

"You're a cold hearted bastard," I spat, disgusted by his words. "We will never have anything together, mark my words. I'd rather die than be with you!"

I turned around to make my way over to the door, but Xavier only stopped me. I tried to push past him, but my efforts did nothing at all. Once I declared defeat against him, I made my way back to the bed. I laid down and spread myself out, making sure to leave no extra space for him to lay down beside me.

"You can leave now," I mumbled, pulling the blanket over my head.

Xavier let out a sigh, probably figuring it was best to just let me be and try again later. "I tried to be nice, but you just have to be so God damn stubborn! I should have never listened to my wolf about giving you a chance. Goodnight, Roxie," He hissed before shutting off the lights and exiting the room.

I heard the sound of his footsteps slowly fading as he walked away from the room and through the halls. I relaxed into the bed, my mind overflowing with questions and emotions.

Is he being serious? What does he accomplish by talking to me like that? I hate his games and I'm not about to start playing in them! He can't really expect me to look him in the eye and let all be forgiven, he must be insane if he thinks so.

"But he's your mate!" My wolf cried inside of my head.

I was taken back by the sound of my wolf in my mind. She never comes out, mainly because I was taught to ignore her and never be a true werewolf. Honestly, over time I just forgot they could communicate with us.

"No, he's a bad person," I growled to her, hoping that would be enough to shut her up.

"Roxie, do not push me, you have no idea of what I'm capable of," She threatened, getting straight down to business.

"I could care less, I've pushed you away before and I can do it again," I hissed back at her.

"That's true, but now that I've found my mate, you won't be able to. I'm too powerful for you, Roxie. You can't shove me in a corner of your mind anymore. I'm your wolf, Gloria, and I'm coming out to play," She sang, never missing a beat and giving herself overdue power.

Great. Just what I need; another person to boss me around.