Chapter Thirteen: Rejection To The Alpha

The halls had long windows whose curtains were open, allowing plenty of light to pour into the house. As I took my time to get downstairs, I admired the beautiful glow the sun gave the colored halls. With each step I took I felt more and more powerful; almost as if everything that was taken from me was being won back.

Gloria purred in approval and went back into her corner in my mind. We were both content and pleased with how things went back there. I needed to break free of Xavier and his bullshit. The only thing left to do now is find some way of escaping this hell whole. I couldn't help wonder where my brother is, but I didn't spend too long dwelling on that.

I walked past a few people in the halls and almost everyone gave me dirty stares. I didn't care though, it actually made me feel better in some strange way. All these people would stop and stare at this crazy, slow walking, smiling girl and think of how insane I must be. It made me smile even more to know that this whole time I was hiding from myself, not these people.

The fact that no one is bothering me with their looks is proof enough that it was never about them, it was about me. I needed to find something meaningful and empowering again for me to carry on. My wolf helped me see the light and now I feel better than ever. 

I needed to move on  from Xavier. It hurts, there's a pain in my chest, but nothing I can't handle. I know this pain will subside, but Xavier being an asshole won't change. Gloria is right. I may not agree with everything she says and does, but our mate isn't good for us. I won't allow him to crush me like I'm nothing. 

I turned the corner and came to an open room filled with people. I could only assume this was the giant living room I had been avoiding. It looked nice with fancy paintings on the walls, sets of couches set up and a television with a matching stereo and gaming system. Xavier really does like the best; too bad he doesn't match the quality of his stuff.

I was about to leave, but someone caught my eyes. Standing around chatting to a group of people, was Leo. I figured since he's one of the few people I know and talk to around here, I could use some fun with a friend.

"Leo!" I call out, hoping he was up for some fun.

Leo turned to find the owner of the voice who just called him and a big smile lifted up on his face when our eyes connected. "Well, well, well. If it isn't the jailbird!" He laughed, moving closer to me with open arms.

I ran up and embraced him in a hug, loving the soothing feeling he gave my body. "I missed you," I whispered in his ear, refusing to end this hug.

"I missed you too, you little troublemaker," He joked, slightly squeezing me tighter.

I pull away a little to look into his eyes. I smiled to myself as his sea green eyes stared into my light grey ones. I got locked in his gaze, a rush of heat filling my body just by the feel of having him so close. Everyone in the room faded and it wasn't like we were the only ones, it's more like we've left. It's almost as if I've been sent to a different plane with Leo. His stare made me feel so safe, it was as if everything terrible was replaced with a feeling of being whole.

Someone dropped a glass plate on the ground, smashing it to pieces and that was enough to break me from his trance on me. I looked down at the ground, biting my bottom lip hard as my cheeks turned crimson red in embarrassment. I caught Leo smiling like a maniac out of the corner of my eye and that only made me blush harder.

"So, Cuffs, tell me how you've been!" Leo exclaimed.

I laughed to myself silently before answering. "Cuffs?" I questioned towards his choice of a nickname for me.

Leo shrugged and just smiled even brighter at me. "It fits, I mean every time we meet, you're always in some kind of trouble. Also, I have to spend a week or more waiting to talk to you again, because you're on lock down." He stated, making me laugh and think how true that really is.

"Well I'm out now, you busy?" I asked, peering over his shoulder to catch a look at the group of girls Leo was previously with. Each one was giving me a death glare and I can already tell that I'm the most hated female in this pack.

Leo looked back slightly and only laughed when he saw the girls facial expressions. "For you? Never," He answered, smiling back at me.

"Great, lets go for a walk!" I beamed a light smile before grabbing his arm and pulling for him to follow.

Leo laughed, allowing me to drag him out the room and into the empty halls. No doubt, everyone in the room stopped to watch the scene I just put on by pulling on his arm. People whispered things and I even heard some girls discuss the reason why I'm here. They were saying how I'm the new pack slut, or something along those lines. It got me angry to think about how they would assume something like that, but then I remembered that it's Xavier's fault for that.

The man refuses to share that I'm his mate and it used to hurt. I fins myself feeling better without the pressure of Xavier on my shoulders. As scarey as Gloria is, without her I would never had been able to break free of Xavier. She pushes me to be better and that's exactly what I've been wanting for some time now. I don't need a mate; there are so many other opportunities in this world for me to seek.

"Cuffs, watch where you're going!" Leo warned me, instantly pulling me from my thoughts.

I focused back on my actions and by the time I could see correctly again, I was headed straight into a brick wall. Leo, luckily, tackled me to the grass. He saved me from going head first into the bricks and possibly getting banged up pretty badly.

Leo's body laid under mine, showing that he took the crash of the fall head on for me. I laid there, only inches from his face with my hands on his strong chest. I could feel his breath on my skin and it gave my body an amazingly energizing rush.

My eyes drifted from his dark green ones, down to his light pink lips. The thought of me kissing him and having him hold me close was all I could think about all of the sudden. I blushed a little from thinking such a thing and a smirk that danced its way onto Leo's face was enough for me to know that he caught me checking him out.

"See what I mean about getting yourself in trouble, Cuffs?" He joked, but it only made me blush harder.

"Shut up," I chuckled, attempting to pick myself up and off of Leo.

Leo grabbed onto my wrists, holding me in place on top of him. In one swift motion, he rolled our bodies over, placing himself on top. His hands were on both sides of my head, supporting him and keeping his body hovering over mine.

Leo looked at me with loving eyes and I could tell that he's thinking about me. I was about to open my mouth to say something, but before I could, Leo's lips crashed down on mine.

His lips felt nice against mine and at first and I responded quickly to his kiss. I closed my eyes, thinking that it would be better to feel than see, but boy- I was wrong. The second my eyes shut, images from that horrible night flashed through my head. I heard my screams, felt the boys touch and it made me cringe in reaction to it all.

I pulled away from Leo and rolled off him. I brought my knees close to my body and hid my head in them. I started to cry and feel exposed. I was doing so good, so why did those images have to come and haunt me? Will I ever get over this? Will my life ever go back to the small sliver of normalcy it once had?

"Roxie, are you okay?" Leo asked.

I couldn't answer him, the sobs were coming out too hard for me to. I just let myself get all the bad out and hoped Leo would understand and not take it the wrong way.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think when I kissed you." Leo apologized, but for all the wrong reasons.

"It-t's n-not you-u," I got out in between sobs, feeling the need to make sure he knows it's not his fault I'm acting this way.

"Then what is it?" He questioned, wrapping his arms around me and pulling my head into his chest.

I didn't answer him again, I just let his question hang in the air. I cried into Leo's shirt, getting it all wet from my stupid tears. I don't think Leo minded though, he was running his fingers through my hair and whispering me words of comfort. I felt so relaxed and safe around him, something I really needed.

"T-thank you L-Leo," I sighed into his chest, trying to get ahold of myself and stop my tears.

"I'll always be here for you, Roxie," Leo whispered, putting his head down on the top of mine and holding me closer to him to calm me down.

It took me awhile  but soon I finally fully calmed down from crying and got it all out of my system. Leo was nice to me the whole time about it, he never once left my side. I probably looked like an idiot to him, but he didn't seem to mind too much.

"Roxie, what happened the night of the party?" Leo asked in a hushed voice; most likely from him being afraid of what my response will be.

I let out a loud sigh of frustration. I didn't want anyone to know, but maybe I can trust Leo. He seems like a great guy; one of the only people around here to have their head on straight. I don't have friends here and keeping this in isn't doing me any good.

"Well," I started, not sure where to begin on telling him about the other night. "After you left me on the log, a few hours passed by. I was scanning the sea of people and some things happened." I answered in a shaky voice as I tried to recall the events from the other night.

"What kind of 'things' happened?" Leo pressed, gripping both my arms and shaking my body to get a response as he grew impatient to know.

"I don't know exactly, there were too many to decipher who from who." I admitted, shame lacing my voice.

"Roxie, tell me what happened," Leo demanded, his eyes shifting to a similar shade of black Xavier held in his when he was angered.

"I got raped!" I screamed, hiding my face in the palm of my hands.

"BY WHO?!" Leo's grip on me tightened and I could tell he was beginning to lose control.

"I-I don't remember!" I cried.

I honestly could not recall exactly who it was. The reason why I didn't go into great detail with Leo, is because I myself don't even know. I remember sitting on the log one minute, then waking up on the ground. Everything in between was a haze. I have a feeling Gloria knows, but I don't know if it would help me to know more information than needed.

"I'll find out who did it and fucking snap their neck," Leo stated as he let go of me and jumped up from the ground.

"Leo no," I called after him, running over to be by his side and pulling on his arm for him to stop.

Leo abruptly came to a halt, turning his body to face mine. His eyes were pitch black now, rage coursing through his very core. I didn't want Leo to make a scene or have him get hurt. When you get angry like that, there's no telling what you do without a rational thought. We don't even know who exactly did this, so nothing good can come of him going on a crazy rampage. 

All I knew was that I needed to get Leo to calm down. He's planning on hurting someone, but I'm more afraid of him hurting himself. I like Leo, he's one of my only friends and he always seems to keep me sane. Before I knew what I was doing, I got up on my tiptoes and crashed my lips to his.

Leo's lips were frozen against mine at first, but it didn't take him long to respond. His hands slowly snaked their way around me. One hand rested on my lower back, while the other tangled itself in my hair. Our lips moved perfectly together, never missing a beat or pulling apart.

Leo's hand on my lower back lowered itself down on my body until it was gripping my thigh. Before I could tell what he was doing, Leo lifted my body up and I wrapped my legs around his torso in response.

It all seemed like second nature; kissing Leo felt perfect. I felt safe and finally reassured that everything bad is in the past. I knew I needed this kiss, I needed it to put me at peace. My whole body felt on fire, but at the same time, cold. I couldn't explain the feelings coursing through my veins. Even my wolf was purring for Leo, drawing me closer to his touch.

Leo licked my bottom lip, asking for entrance to my mouth. I happily gave him what he wanted, parting my lips for his tongue to enter. Suddenly, the rich taste of dark chocolate enveloped my taste buds. A small moan escaped my lips as the taste of Leo excited me more.

His tongue massaged mine in a loving way and I couldn't help myself from holding him tighter. It was strange, no matter how much of Leo I got, it was never enough. Normally one would feel this way towards their mate, but Xavier's mine. I didn't really care or even give much thought towards it, all I wanted was Leo.

"Roxie?!" A voice boomed from across the open area.

Leo and I reluctantly pulled apart from our kiss to turn our gaze over to the owner of the voice. Of course, Xavier stood there with two girls practically attached to his hip. The girls gave Leo and I looks of disgust- more for me than Leo though. Xavier, however, gave Leo a death glare. He warned him with his eyes to back off me, but Leo didn't budge.

I hopped off Leo's waist and planted both my feet back on the ground. Crossing my arms over my chest, I gave Xavier and his whores an equally daring look. "Alpha Daniels," I smirked, dragging out his proper title.

A growl ripped through Xavier's chest and Leo stepped in front of me in protection. That caused Xavier to growl louder, annoying me even further.

"Have a problem, Alpha?" I asked, dragging his title out once again to get to him.

No one knows I'm Xaviers mate and that doesn't even matter anymore. If he isn't proud to have me, I'll be with Leo. I can ignore that stupid pull I have to him, he seems to do it when he's with his bimbo's. I'm stronger than I was before. I see that now and I won't let him intimidate me or stop me from living my life without him in it.

"Go back to your room," Xavier demanded using his Alpha tone.

Typically my wolf and I would have felt compelled to listen, but this time was different. I rejected Xavier and he basically confirmed my rejection as his mate by being here with these girls. I'm tired of his emotions playing tricks on me and so is Gloria. I already decided that if he was going to play this game, then I'm going to be the first to back out.

"Why? I didn't do anything wrong. It's not like I have a mate- and by the looks of it," I stopped to scan the girls standing beside him up and down. "Neither do you."

"Actually," A squeaky, annoying voice chimed in. "I'm his mate and am soon-to-be Luna." The girl I recognized to be Julie, his ex-fiance, spoke up.

"Congrats!" I exclaimed in a fake sounding voice. "Let's go Leo," I ordered, grabbing ahold of Leo's hand and pulling him away from the scene before anyone has time to react.

Leo has more than enough strength to overpower me, but he was wise to just let me lead. I could hear Xavier's sluts screaming after me about how I'm just pathetic, but I couldn't care less. Leo is the only person I want now and he can go and mate with every slut he comes by if that's what he wants. 

I'm done and more powerful without him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think? Like what I did there? Give me any suggestions you have towards the book and I'll take them into account.

- Autumn <3