Chapter Ten: The Black Moon Pack Party

* * *Warning* * * - SUPER LONG AND EXTRA AMAZING CHAPTER AHEAD! ♥

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Ten: The Black Moon Pack Party

"Roxie!" A voice shouted, pulling me from my sleep and forcing me to wake up.

"What?" I mumbled, hoping the person would shut up or just go away.

"You have to get dressed, I was ordered to have you ready an hour ago!" The voice exclaimed, running around the room and knocking things over in the process.

"By who?" I asked, opening my eyes slowly and letting them adjust to the light.

Once I could see clearly, I noticed Rowena frantically moving around to get stuff in order. She held clothes in her hands and a few baskets were on the dresser. I sat up straight, yawning and trying to get myself together for her sake.

"Alpha Daniels will have my head if you aren't downstairs in twenty minutes," Rowena yelled, throwing the clothes at me. "Here, put these on now!" She ordered, her yellow eyes expressing how scared out of her mind she is.

Before I could ask her anything or even get another word out, she rushed out of the room. I like Rowena and watching her as a nervous wreck doesn't sit well with me. I might not like Xavier and I may hate to listen to an order he gave to her to give to me, but I need to listen this time. Rowena is worked up over this and I would be a terrible person if I didn't get dressed. Plus, there's also the fact that I'm tired of wearing Xavier's shirt. I feel practically naked in it and his stupid scent is sending my wolf into overdrive.

I got out of bed and began to put on the clothes Rowena gave me. I slid on the light brown skinny jeans, along with tossing Xavier's shirt aside and replacing it with the creme colored long sleeved flowy top. I found a pair of white socks next to some light brown ugg's and I decided to put those on as well to match the pants. Once I gave myself a reassuring look in the mirror, I found a brown scrunchy and pulled my hair into some up, some down real quick. I have to say, for not picking out my own outfit; I look cute.

I wondered to myself why Rowena was freaking out so much. Did Xavier tell her to get me ready so I can leave, or is this another one of his 'proper Luna' games? After last night, I really don't think I can take another episode of his. I swear if he gives me one more mixed signal, bosses me around, or even so much as messes with my head; I'm leaving. I'm at a breaking point and if he's wise, then he'd know to watch his actions.

"Roxie, you look so beautiful!" Rowena sang from the other side of the room.

I guess I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I didn't hear her enter. "Thanks," I smiled, without the happiness reaching my eyes.

"If I may ask, Roxie; are you feeling okay?" Rowena asked with a clear worried voice.

"Mate issues," I shrugged. 

"Oh," Rowena whispered and I could tell there was something more behind that. 

"What?" I questioned her, needing to know what she may have heard. 

"Well, I heard some things about that..." She trailed off, but I wasn't about to let her stop there. 

"What did you hear?!" I urged her to continue, my voice raising in anticipation to know some information. 

"Well people are saying that y-you lied," She answered in a panicked voice. Almost as if she was worried I'd harm her for saying that. 

"WHAT!" I shouted, losing any control I had over my anger. 

"I'm so sorry, Madam! I don't believe them, but the Alpha, he..." She trailed off again. 

"THE ALPHA WHAT!" I screamed, needing her to hurry this along and just come out with it all already. 

"Well, he told us all that you aren't his mate," Rowena answered, dropping her head in shame. 

I didn't reply to her after that. I needed to take some time to process this information. I can't believe Xavier told everyone I'm not his mate. I know we've been having issues, but to tell your pack a lie? Is he trying to hurt me? Does he want me to suffer or something? Because after hearing Rowena say those words; it's getting hard to breathe. 

"You don't look so good," Rowena commented. "I think you need to take a seat," She added while gesturing to a wooden chair in the corner. 

I let Rowena guide me to the chair and took a seat on it. I wanted nothing more than to be angry, but I was actually sad. Xavier and I never had a moment together where something bad didn't happen, but it hurt to hear him reject me. I could feel my wolf growling; she wasn't the least bit sad. Her anger was getting me more upset though and I couldn't understand why. 

"You're so weak! If our mate thinks he can treat us like that, then he has another thing coming to him. Let me out, Roxie! I can teach him a thing or two," Gloria growled inside my mind and it made me jump a little. 

"Everything okay, Madam?" Rowena asked, observing my actions closely. 

"It's Roxie, Rowena and yeah. My wolf just spoke to me and I'm not used to having her in my head. Let alone growling at me to injure our mate," I laughed, but it came out dry. 

"Oh, well it sounds like the two of you have some things to discuss. I'll just dismiss myself and come back to get you in ten," Rowena suggested. "In those baskets is some makeup you can put on to get ready," She stated, pointing to the baskets on the dresser I noticed earlier. 

"Thanks, Rowena," I smiled lightly, trying to sound as nice as possible with the horrible mood I'm in. 

"It's my job," She shrugged. "See you in ten, no later!" She called over her shoulder as she picked up a box and headed out of the room to do God knows what with it. 

"Nice girl, but it's sad how weak she is," My wolf commented towards Rowena. 

"That's so rude! Is power all you care about?" I pressed her, hating how she has no manners. 

"I do have manners, but I don't waste them on sad people; including yourself," She stated, reading my mind and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. 

"Why are you so rude, don't you have any feelings for anyone?" I questioned her with a hard voice. 

"I have a lot of feelings. You may not agree with them, but they're still feelings," Gloria laughed, but I couldn't find the humor in her comment. 

"Shouldn't you be sad, or broken up right now?" I wondered, not getting how she can act like this after everything that has happened. 

"Xavier is an idiot. I don't like how he thinks that he can boss you around like that. But what I hate even worst than that is how easily you let it happen.

"How easily I let it happen?! I hate him! I always told him every single time we're together that I won't accept his behavior," I defended myself, but my wolf wasn't buying it. "As much as he's horrible, it stills hurts to hear he doesn't want us," I added in a faint voice.

"You're weak. You've always been weak and I'm tired of watching you ruin your life. Look, you have a lot to learn, but right now you need to handle our mate," She ordered. 

"What's that supposed to mean?

"It means that whatever he has you getting ready for isn't going to go his way. Whatever you do, don't let that ass walk all over you or I'll be forced to come out. And trust me; you do not want that," She laughed again, but it only disgusted me. 

"Aren't you supposed to be head over heels for his wolf or something?" I questioned. 

Our wolves are supposed to be so in tune with our mates that they can do no harm. Some people would do anything to help their mate within minutes of just meeting them. It's said that our wolf is supposed to have such a strong connection to our mate's wolf, that they would more than likely die without having their mate in their life. So why the hell is mine acting like a complete bitch?! 

"Come on, I'm not that bad," She chucked. "But if you must know, then here it goes... I'm special.

"Special? How are you special?" I asked, not liking the sound of it.

"Well lets just say that I don't do formal or rules or anything else I don't like for that matter," She sang,  showing how proud of herself she is. 

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at her silly comment. "I've kept you locked in my mind for years and now you try to tell me you're 'special'? If you're so special, then why are you just coming out now?

"Well as much as I hate Xavier, he isn't a complete waste. He makes me stronger, making me grow each day he's near. And I must say, with all the hatred you're beginning to harbor for that man; I'm going to be a freaking God!" She exclaimed and I didn't like the sound of that at all. 

"You scare me," I admitted in a quiet voice. 

"See what I mean? Weak. Afraid of your own wolf, Roxie," She scolded. "Don't worry, I only have every intention of fixing your horrible excuse of a life.

I tried to answer her, but Rowena's knocks at the door threw me off guard. "Two more minutes!" She shouted from the other end before rushing away again. 

I ignored Rowena's comment and decided my wolf was more important at the moment. When I tried to talk to her though, she pushed me away. I wasn't sure how to deal with the fact that she's pushing me away now instead of the other way around. Instead of dwelling on Xavier and having a heart attack over Gloria's words; I decided to get ready. 

Rowena told me the baskets on the dresser held makeup, so I choose to start there. I looked down at all the options I had before me. There was black, brown, purple, green, blue and every other color imaginable for eyeliner. I had no idea they sold this many colors as a liner! 

When I went to reach for the brown eyeliner, my wolfs voice filled my mind. "Black," She ordered. 

I was about to put up protest, but she already blocked me out before I could. I wasn't lying before when I said she scares me; I have an insane wolf. After deciding that I didn't want a fight with her and it was best to just let this side; I applied the black eyeliner. I was in the middle of deciding upon which eye shadow I was going to wear when Rowena bursted into the room. 

"Ready to go?" She asked, bouncing around to show how much of a hurry she's in.

"Where are we going?" I questioned, my focus turning from the makeup up to her.

"I didn't tell you?" She asked and I shook my head 'no'. "Oh, well there's a party going on all day today. Alpha Daniels likes to have events happen around here and today just so happens to be one," She stated in a cheery voice.

"Party? What kind of party?" I interrogated her further, not liking the sound of that word or the fact that it's thrown by Xavier.

"Just a normal one. Food in the day, drinking at night- nothing unusual." She shrugged and my mouth dropped.

"Drinking?!" I half shouted to her.

"Yes?" She answered, giving me a puzzled look.

"Like alcohol drinking?" I pushed, not sure if I'm hearing this correctly.

"Well who would make drinking juice a highlighter for the night?" She laughed.

I didn't join in with her though, instead I stood there dumbfounded. It's not like I'm a goody-two-shoes, but I'm not a bad ass either. I think my wolf has expressed just how 'weak' I am. Derrek never let me drink before though and it makes me nervous about tonight. Rowena must have seen this and that only made her laugh harder. It's a sad day when the give who acts as a servant is less innocent than the sister of an Alpha.

"You'll be fine! Besides, you don't have to drink if you don't want to," she shrugged and that soothed me a bit.

"Oh okay, good to know," I stated, looking back to the makeup and hoping to just do something to get my mind off the drinking conversation.

"So, back to my original question; are you ready to go?"