Chapter 51

c h a p t e r     f i f t y     o n e

2019, December
Rio de Janeiro

THIRD PERSON'S POV

—before Rhys got into an accident—

"Don't hurt him," Rainer warned his own father upon meeting him. "I won't. He's my grandchild." Red's face couldn't be anymore near sincere when he told him that. He knows his father and he had enough of it. Rhys and Rain shouldn't suffer just because of him. "When will you stop, Dad?"

"Don't you question my judgement, young man."

"They were just kids and they were killing people!"

"Kids? Forget about it. In this society, we learnt how to survive. Isn't that how we are naturally made?"

"I'm so sick of this."

"Young man, you will never be sick of it. Or at least your greed. Didn't you want to have Louise?"

Natahimik si Rainer. Ang katotohanang mahal niya si Louise ay hindi maikakailang dahilan kung bakit kahit alam niyang maraming ginagawa ang kaniyang ama ay hindi niya ito pinipigilan.

"Ruine took her from you," dagdag pa ng matanda. Ipinapamukha nito sa kaniya na nauna siya kay Louise kaya dapat lamang na sa kaniya ito. Sa ginagawang ito ni Red, naiisip ni Rainer na totoo ngang maaaring mas masaya silang dalawa ni Louise kung siya lamang ang naunang pinili nito. "If we could have the witch's knot, Louise will come back to you."

Napatingin ito sa kaniya. "How would that bring back Louise?"

"Didn't you know? Louise is alive."

"What?"

"Yes. And she's in Rio."

Hindi makapaniwala si Rainer sa narinig. Hindi niya alam kung maniniwala pa ba siya rito o hindi na sapagkat matagal na niyang hinahanap ang babae ngunit walang ni isang clue sa kinaroroonan niya. All those times she was just near. "Rain will bring the pieces. Believe me." Parang naintindihan ni Rainer ang nais ipahiwatig ng kaniyang ama kaya naman agad niyang tinawagan ang numero ni Rhys. He deceived Rhys into saying that Rain is in danger because he knew exactly what he feared. He thought that Rhys would be a bait for Rain, not knowing that Red had already orchestrated a plan to get Rhys and he just used Rainer as a smokescreen. Rhys got into an accident in Red's command.

—after Rhys got into an accident—

"It is done," Red smiled from ear to ear. There's no remorse of guilt in his face after pulling out a trick and tried to kill Rhys. He was drenched in his own blood as his vision started to dim.

Rainer looked at Red with spiteful eyes. He regretted listening to him and letting him make a fool out of him by trying to manipulate him. He just sold his son out of greed. "Bring Rhys to me and you'll prove your loyalty to the family." Rainer never thought his father would change to the way he sees him today from who he perceived him as, protective and wonderful man. Yet, his eyes tricked him and he will never forgive himself if he will loose both Rhys and Rain. Even if they weren't his, he promised to protect them as he could've with his child, Rio.

But, when Rainer went to Rhys, the FBA were on their way to catch him. Red has no intention of considering family ties the moment they go against him. This is that kind of world. Everyone wants to be a part of but never thought of how they would  end up or may be they did but still choos to be stupid. Rhys was brought to the ER by some random people who were kind enough to take action or he could've died due to blood loss.