Chapter 5

c h a p t e r      f i v e

1979, November 6
NYC, 4 a.m.

The news spread like wildfire. Hermano Herrera died last night. The FBI found a lead to the possible culprit who orchestrated the hit. Although it wasn't released officially, his death brought about a typhoon to Estella.

More pale than she looks after her surgery, she tried to stand and go to see her father but she wasn't allowed by Red and the police officers who were deployed to keep her secured and protected because they don't know if she will be the next target.

She breaks down in tears, in her knees and fell. She was broken-hearted that she never got to see him. She wasn't able to see him before she delivered her babies and it was though a curse came to her.

The reason why they didn't let her see him was because his face was unrecognizable due to the inhumane activity casted upon him and this may cause shock to Estella who was already starting to feel uneasy. She couldn't breath and then she fell to the cold hard tile, unconscious.

They immediately responded when they couldn't feel her pulse. She was too weak. The moment they got her vitals back, Red cried. He couldn't think of anything right now besides her. If he loses her, he will lose his mind.

***

RAIN'S POV

2019, October
Scott University, Philippines, 9 a.m.

"Okay, we have an exchange student from Stellar Academy of Technology. Please introduce yourself."

"Rain Louise," I said plain and flat. Kita ko kung paano magreact ang mga taong nakatingin sakin. There faces screams 'We don't care. Get out of our sight!'

I rolled my eyes mentally. They started to whisper. Nagtaas ng kamay ang isang maputing babaeng sobrang iksi ng palda.

"Yes, Miss Fajardo." Yep, that's her. Remember the two brats I've told you, she is one of them. She is spitting exactly like the image I saw in her profile. Don't think I was being nice because that wasn't a compliment, for your information. One blow in the neck and she's out.

"Are you lost?" she said pertaining to me. Okay? Bring it on!

Most of the guys were laughing and also the girls who were branded as meeks and geeks. Lame. Hindi ako sumagot. It's a shame that I couldn't throw a dagger on that throat. Poor her. She nearly swap her life with the devil. Also, I noticed that some of the chairs were unoccupied. Are there absentees? If yes, then I would think SU was not that pro in this field.

"I don't think SU is the right school for you, sweetie. I hope not to see you again the next period. Sayonara," she blew a kiss and waved her hand. I'd really love to put two or maybe three daggers inside her mouth. I'd be thrilled.

"Miss Fajardo," suway ng Instructor sa kaniya. They were just laughing. Laugh all you like, life's too short. Who knows?

"You may take your seat," sabi niya sakin. As I was walking on the aisle, everyone is moving their desks, keeping their distance away from me.

"Lily, get me my hand sanitizer and alcohol. I don't know what bacteria has gotten into this room or maybe a virus." Nagtawanan ulit sila. I really feel sorry for her. She's on the waiting list. My. . .waiting list.

There're five vacant seats at the back. I've chosen the seat next to the window. This will be a long day. It was the last class before lunch.

Pagkatapos ng klase agad akong lumabas. I paved my way to the cafeteria because who else wouldn't be starving after hours of thinking. I haven't had food since yesterday. I need to eat fast because I don't want any trouble but if they do, I'd give them one. Besides, I have to clean my wound.