Chapter 4

c h a p t e r       f o u r

1979, November 5
NYC, 11:23 p.m.

Hermano was distracted in doing some papers when he heard a sound of something that's broken. He was alerted so he took his gun from drawer near him and slowly walked up to the the door.

He heard some footsteps and he was sure he's not alone. He took the chance to smack the person's head who opened the door when he saw the nose of his gun.

He knew this day would come. He just didn't expect it to be this early. His daughter was giving birth and he couldn't go because the FBI will arrest him and he still had many things to do. He transferred all his money and properties to her daughter and to her children so if ever he meets the devil, he'd want her to have it rather than being taken away by the devil himself.

He pulled the guy who fell and the next thing he knew, several gun shots were fired. He hide behind the wall as he heard the voice from the guy's radio. "We lost visual. Aga, you there?"

He must've put a hit on him. The day he screwed the operation, that's when he thought everything would go down the hill and with what's happening, he sure knows how to play his card.

He has to know where the executioner was and how many of them were out there. But he didn't want anything to get eerie and noisy. He has to do what he had to. He took the radio and said, "Nothing personal, it's just business," he smirked knowing he was listening.

He saw three other armed men came in the room and started to fire. Though he knew what to do, he was about to rush out of the room when he was hit right in the middle of his forehead.

He fell to the cold hard tiled floor with eyes open as his blood stream to his face. He took things for granted. He should've seen his daughter one last time and tell her how sorry he was for deceiving her. He would've wanted to live with his grandchildren if he wasn't linked in this type of living. He had regrets but as always, regrets come at last.

***

RAIN'S POV

2019, October
Philippines, 4 a.m.

I have my own house. Turns out they already prepared everything before I came. This house' been waiting for years. It's not that simple. In fact, it's the most complicated house they got me. In NY, I don't normally live at my unit because I spend all my time at B.A.N.G. And like what I've said, I also sleep at Pin's, located at Greenwich Village.

Tss. Bumangon ako mula sa pagkakahiga. I checked the time and went straight to the bathroom. It's still early bit I've had enough from sleeping for the last five days and for the whole 18-hour flight.

After putting on some clothes, I started to unpack. I haven't unpacked my stuffs last night because I was too tired and I need to get my wound cleaned up.

And also, it's the perfect time for introduction. Rain's the name. Rain Louise Scott. I'm 20 and a graduating student. I majored in computer science.

The problem is how do I leave the Philippines without them knowing? Like I've said, I would rather stay in NYC than here.

I went over the files given to me by Yna, Dad's secretary, and it states there I'm an exchange student. Exchange student huh? I still don't think that's a good idea to keep me from my unfinished businesses.

He's really unreasonable and complicated. Tss. I lived in NY for almost 7 years-more likely reared in New York since my first day in this shitty world.

The château is like a vacation mansion but since that day, he stayed and lived here. I'm talking about my dad.