Chapter 3

c h a p t e r       t h r e e

1979, November 5
NYC, 10:45 p.m.

"Scalpel."

Estella was unconscious at the moment she was on the operating table. She wasn't able to deliver in the normal way so she has to undergo cesarian section. She looks pale when she was rushed to the hospital by her husband Red. They got married on the 10th of January of 1979, a year after Estella suicide attempt.

She hasn't regained her memory and Hermano never tried to let her know. He took it as an opportunity to seal the deal though it pains him to see his daughter not knowing anything and that she'd changed.

Red, on the other hand, made all the efforts to approach her and it worked. He knew about her near death experience and he, unfortunately, kept it a secret to Estella, too. He thought that it would be best if she doesn't find out that it was once an arrange marriage and a deal that would cost her father's life or even hers. Knowing about it, he made extra efforts to win her heart and when she finally said yes, the long table was set.

Red was walking back and forth in front of the operating room, with all sorts of thoughts especially that they will cut his wife open. He will take the bullets for her, he's not afraid of guns and knives, all that he was afraid was his wife unable to hold on. He was hoping that she'll make it through and after a couple of hours, the doctors came out and told him that the surgery went well.

He sighed in relief after he found out that his wife was transferred in a private room and they will see their babies after a couple of minutes. He rushed to where his wife was and as soon as he saw her, he cried as he kissed her pale lips and constantly saying, "It'll be alright. You did great. You did great."

A smile formed from her lips before she fell asleep.

***

RAIN'S POV

2019, October
JFK International Airport, 1 p.m.

We just got at the airport and he helped me unload my luggage out of the trunk. It's like I couldn't manage. Tss. It was just a gym bag and a laptop.

"I'll get going," I said. Tumango siya. "Take care." I was about to leave when he talked once more.

Hindi ko siya nilingon. "You look so sexy while sleeping." And there he said it. I knew it. I knew he'd say that. He's gone crazy. I raised my middle finger. Tss.

That's Pin Montreal. I can't reveal his whole identity but you'll get to know him soon.

If it's not just for my army, I wouldn't dare to leave New York.

I spent the rest of hours of flight sleeping. The medicine makes me so damn sleepy. I arrived in Manila and I was escorted to where three helicopters were waiting. I wore my hoodie, a cap and a mask.

After another thirty minutes of flight, we descended at the vast backyard of the Scott's. It's basically a château but not the overwhelmingly grand one because this isn't the biggest château of the family. You might not believe that this was a private area and was made as mini château by my grandfather for his love of coconuts? The one that's worth billions of dollars is in London.

It's been a long time. Rough years, I sat. Pinagbuksan ako ng isa sa mga Class A. You'll understand my terms later. I stepped out of the heli and walk towards the door.

Before they could get to bow, I gave them a glare. I hate things like that, they make it so dramatic. I rushed to the stairway when a woman at her fifties walked to me and handed me a black and gold envelope with the family's crest. So, everything's already settled? Of course, what am I thinking? It's the Scott's.