Chapter 6

c h a p t e r      s i x

1992, Summer
Russia

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Day 215, Testing SR 14 at 2%."

"That'll take us awhile. Coffee?"

"No. Thanks. Just a drop of liquid will definitely fry her," Estella answered. "Okay. You could've just said no," said one of her companions inside the lab.

Estella's phone suddenly rang so she had to excuse herself and get back to her office before answering.

"Honey, I'm busy right now-"

"Mom!!!"

As soon as she heard her babies called her mom, she nearly cried. She was away for six months and she missed them.

"Hello, sweetie. Have you been doing well?"

"We just got off school. We're having dinner at Sam's house. Mrs. Smith invited us for some turkey though it wasn't a holiday," his son filled her in with the event.

"Good to know. What about Rainer?"

"We're both going. Dad has been coming atleast once every end of the month so he'll probably be here in less than a week."

Someone knocked on the door and told her to go and check the test.

"Okay. Sweetie, go and enjoy your dinner at Sam's. I will call you back after some stuff I had to deal with. Make sure to eat well. I'll call Jack to pick you up-"

"That's fine Mom. Mrs. Smith will give us a ride home."

Another knocked on the door took Estella's attention. "Emergency, we need you there."

"Okay."

"Goodbye sweetie. Love you." She headed straight to the project.

"System failed. SR14 download incomplete. Reboot system."

She was exhausted. She's been working on this project for two months and there's no sign of progress. She can't go home until she finish this which means she couldn't see her sons. She was successful with the other inventions but now, she's having a hard time.

"Put in H1 and let's try this again," she commanded.

*

2019, October
Scott University, Philippines, 5:30 p.m.

RAIN'S POV

Nakarating ako malapit na sa parking lot nang may madatnan akong anim na kalakakihan na pumapalibot sa motorbike ko.

Nagtago ako sa likod ng pader. Kung minamalas ka nga naman oo. Paanong may mga tao dito? Akala ko ba bawal ang mga estudyante dito?

Tinanggal ko ang glasses ko at nilapag sa sahig at inayos para hindi masyadong makita. May pinindot ako sa tech watch ko saka binuksan ang iPad ko. May camera ang eyeglasses na iyon. Kita ko sa tablet ang mga ito.

"Cool ride!" the guy with a copper brown colored hair exclaimed.

"Prolly one of the Steph's boys," he continued.

"Who would dare park here when it's almost an unwritten rule," the other one said. Tss. If you knew that then why in the world are you in there. "Didn't your sister told you anything?" tanong naman noong lalaking may orange na highlight ang buhok.