Chapter 37

c h a p t e r      t h i r t y     s e v e n

RAIN'S POV

"I received an information that gangs were forming an alliance against you," aniya. "Their objective is to overthrow you." Those little dipsh*ts. All they want is power ang money. They want to run it for other illegal purposes. "Is this why Dad forced me to come here?" Now I get it. It wasn't because of my mission. These people were trying to kill me.

"One of our drives were stolen during last week. I came here because someone said he might knew who took it," saad niya. "And who is it?"

"Jared." Agad kong binato ng punyal ang kinaroroonan nito ngunit nakailag siya. May kaunting daplis ito sa gilid ng braso niya at bumaon ang punyal sa sirang cabinet. I know he was standing there since then. My glasses scanned a while ago and there were three people in this area which means excluding us both, there is another one. The guy who talked to me a while ago at the soccer field, it was him.

"Bonjour, milady." Hindi ko siya binati pabalik sapagkat hindi ko siya mapagkatiwalaan. "Jared Dubois, an Ares of BA8," pakilala niya sa sarili niya. If he is an Ares, it means he's in the top ten ranks. "I'm a rank two, milady," dagdag nito. "Since when did you knew?"

Rhys sighed. "He knew ever since the day I became a Supreme." Ngumiti lang naman ito na tila ba wala lang. Sinamaan ko ng tingin si Rhys. "You blew your cover just like that." This Jared guy should have been cold as dead the moment he knew but here he is. "He tried to kill me, Kutuzov, I mean..."

"It was during the winter end season. He was tied, naked, and out in the freezing night. They were digging my grave and I was begging him. That part was so dramatic. And he and I made a contract. Oh wait, no. I suggested that I'll do anything so he will let me live."

"And you fell for it," malamig na litanya ko kay Rhys. Not only did he broke the rule, Scott's rules, but also let my cover blew up. "That's why I was working for him."

Tinalikuran ko sila ngunit natigil ako sa sumunod niyang sinabi. "Is it Ace...the guy from Thanatos. Ah! Your boyfriend!"

"What the f*ck?!" Rhys cussed out loud. "You are going out with that sh*t?! Are you out of your mind?" Hindi maipinta ang mukha ko sa mga oras na ito. It was emotionless. "You have a terrible job at picking information. Tss." Tinignan ko ng isa pang beses ang lalaking iyon at sinabing "He and I weren't together. I don't care about him so go ahead and do your job," bago ko linisan ng tuluyan ang lugar.

Now that a bomb just exploded, the higher the risk of my every move and I don't want to stir any raging emotions of my enemies before I could even get my hands to all the pieces. Pin, Harry, and Cliff rushed towards me when they saw me. They were guarding the staircase so that no one will follow. "What happened?"

"Let's talk about it at the headquarters. For now, keep your eyes on all the members of Thanatos. Anything from the database? We need to find the last piece before the Tyranny." Hindi maganda ang kutob ko sa nabalitaan ko. I should know who were behind the alliance and what is their main goal after they overthrow me. "Cliff, I will send you a profile later. Dig him up." He nodded. Hindi pa rin ako maniniwala sa Jared na iyon. How come I never heard of him before?

Biglang tumigil si Pin. "I'll catch up later," sabi niya kila Cliff at Harry. Bagaman naguguluhan ang dalawa, umalis na sila. "What?" tanong ko. I shot a look at him and he was just silent and his face, dim.

"I can't afford to lose you," with that words said, he took a long stride, cupped my face and he sealed the space between us.