Chapter 36

c h a p t e r      t h i r t y    s i x

RAIN'S POV

Fudge! This is why I should really leave as soon as possible. Everybody's figuring who I was and not soon after, they'll know who I am. This is getting out of hand.

May biglang naupo sa tabi ko. "I'm Stacey. This one's Eden and this one's Lovelle," turo niya sa mga kasama niyang paupo palang. I locked eyes with the girl named Lovelle and I felt something strong about her. I don't know why.

"You need to warm up before you play, ei?" Stacey smirked. She pulled me to the line. "She'll go first," sabi nito at iniwan ako doon. She even gave me a tap in the back. I don't know it it's helping or not. "Let's see what you got," sambit nung isang kasama nila. I pulled an arrow and shot the target, a successful 10.

In my rear view, I could see how they are shocked that almost all of them stood up. I took another arrow and shot at the farthest target. It was also a hit. "YOU'RE IN!!!" I heard the girl from before shouted. Lumapit ako sa kanila at tinanggal ang mga suot kong equipment. "You're schedule was the same as Lance so just ask him. Don't forget to take your uniform at the office before you leave." Lance? He was in this sport? Then why did he suggest tennis?

I'm about to walk away when I saw Lance entering the premise. He was looking at the target and towards me. Bumalik ako sa upuan ako. "Not bad," sambit ni Stacey. "Lance just came in. He rarely come at warm ups," sambit ni Eden. "I know, right? I heard he was in-charge of this year's archery applicants."

Tennis, why the hell did he suggested tennis? And why am I even thinking about what he said as if I'm really up for it. Mamayang alas dos ng hapon ang simula ng laro kaya naman nagsialais muna kami doon. I was supposed to meet Pin but I saw someone familiar from a dark corridor. It was a girl, crying and she seems to be talking to someone. Wait, her uniform, same as mine.

I usually don't care what is happening but here I am on my feet, moving towards their direction. I wasn't mistaken when I found her and guess who is she talking to. None other than Ace. They couldn't see me because I was leaning behind the wall with arms crossed. This is interesting.

"Ace...please..." She called him his name, they must be close with each other. Do they know each other? "Why her?" They seem to be talking about someone. "I'm way better than her. She doesn't even like you. I like you. I like you a lot...might even love." Geez. I didn't mean to hear her confession but to be honest, that is way too cringey. Does that mean, the girl I bumped into a while ago has a crush on him? Way to go!

"I'll give you everything. I'll do anything for you," she added. I'm out. I hate this kind of stuff. I was about to leave when he answered, "I like Louise."

Right there, Pin was standing, and behind him was Lance. They were both looking at me.

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Agad na nilisan ng dalaga ang lugar. Iniwan niya doon ang mga binata. Hindi nagtagal sumunod si Pin sa kaniya. Sumakay ang dalaga sa sasakyan niya at sumunod din si Pin. Parehas na walang nagsalita sa dalawa. "Do not jump into conclusions," sambit ng dalaga. Hindi niya nais na ipaliwanag ang pangyayari sapagkat wala naman siyang pakialam at wala siyang nararamdamang kakaiba.

Hindi naman maipinta ang mukha ni Pin. Walang mababakas na emosyon mula rito kasabay ng pagbuntong-hininga ay napapikit ito. "It was nothing," bulong nito sa sarili. Nilabas ni Rain ang laptop niya at sinimulang magtipa. Hinahanap niya ang profile ng binata kaninang nakausap niya sa soccer field. May hindi magandang kutob ang dalaga sa mga nangyayari. Hindi magtatagal ay malalaman ang tunay niyang katauhan. Dapat niyang tapusin ang misyon bago siya mabuko.