Chapter 13

Diamond

It was almost 5:30 a.m. and I'm wide awake. I'm on my third blunt but sleep still hasn't come my way. I've never been good at sleeping, after years of living with my parents they made sure I'd be able to sleep through anything. I look from my spot on the balcony at Dre as she sleeps peacefully in my bed. My heart goes out to her for real, I could tell she had been crying when she came over, but I didn't say anything about it, that stupid bitch couldn't even appreciate Dre, and all she did was love her. I almost beat Mayola or whatever the fuck her name is when I saw how much she broke Dre at the mall. Dre's too good for that bitch and most of these hoes out here, she deserves someone who's going to treat her right and it sucks that her first relationship had to go this way.

I have no problem being a shoulder for her to cry on, shit I haven't forgotten about that night. It was truly like no other one night stand I've ever had, and it left a lasting impression. I made Monica come to a few games with me a few months ago and damn the girl is sexy when she's on that court, I'm not going to lie I'm crushing just like most of the bitches that go to Lincoln. I know she's still in love with Lay all I can do is be here for her, my ass needs to chill the hell out. I flick my finished blunt and go back inside closing my balcony door behind me before going to wash my hands.

Afterwards I go to the guest room that I originally set up for both of them, and check on Ari, I love her seriously, she's adorable and by far the cutest and the most well-behaved baby I've ever met. It breaks my heart when I think about the situation that her and Dre are in, I don't understand how two parents could simply not give a fuck if their kids are safe. Even when Dre hangs out with us, I've never heard or seen her mother. I can relate to that and maybe that's why I feel so attached to Ari, however I still think her father she have the chance to step up and take care of his daughter.

Since it's Monday, I know Dre has practice, so I make her an egg white omelet that has spinach sausage, cheese, and bacon inside, with a cup of apple juice and water. I also go ahead and pack her basketball bag, putting in two Gatorade's some granola bars, and fruit cups, she has a bad habit of never resting whenever she's in the gym, so these should help if she gets lightheaded.

I also put some changing clothes in there, in case she has to work after, along with deodorant and her perfume. I'm in the middle of making my own food and a bottle for Ari when I hear them both coming down the steps. It's already 6 o'clock in the morning, I've only slept for 2 hours, but I don't feel as tired as I should.

I take Ari from her and gave her the plate of food "hurry up and eat, you only have thirty minutes. I packed your bag already and I'll take her to the daycare Monica's cousins go to.  It's nice and owned by her aunt, so don't worry it's not all dingy and ghetto and she'll be safe I promise. There's a protein shake for you in the fridge if you're still hungry, and I put some snacks in your bag too, with two Gatorade's and change of clothes in case you gotta work." I don't give Dre a chance to say good morning before I started talking, but she gives me a grateful smile and a thank you with a mouth full of food making me laugh. Dre finishes her food in five minutes, she gives me a kiss on the cheek thanking me before leaving in a rush. I smile and bite my lip as I shake my head and eat with Ari.

"Your sister is something else" she makes her own noises that I take as agreement as I continue talking with her while I eat scrambled eggs and pancakes. I also give her some mashed-up banana along with her bottle. Afterwards I get a little bath ready for her and go ahead and sit her outfit on the bed. For Ari I pick out a purple onesie with black leggings over it and a little black bomber jacket and some little baby Jordan's that I thought were extremely adorable at the mall yesterday.

Once Ari is settled in the playpen, I turn on the baby monitor and take one with me in the bathroom. I don't linger since I need to get her to daycare, so I shower quickly and got out and put on my Victoria Secret Lotion and perfume. I pull my wet hair into a bun and brush my teeth before changing into some ripped skinny jeans, a comic book style crop top, I finish the look with a Rolex and gold chain I stole from my cousin, my black Air Foamposite pro, and my Bape Bomb Collage backpack. I put on silver hoops in my first hole and diamond studs in my second and third one, I also change my belly button piercing to a gold weed leaf.