Chapter 11: Elena

RECAP
Scott and Elena confessed their love for each other then slept together. The next day Elena found out that Scott was a werewolf and felt completely betrayed that he had lied to her. Klaus turned Scott into a hybrid and then Derek killed Elena because he didn't want to become a hybrid.

My eyes filled up with tears as I looked at Elena's body lying, dead, on the ground. Klaus stepped away from her, he'd given up on trying to feed her his blood, she was dead, and we could change that.

"You did this!" Klaus screamed. "You all did this! I'm going to kill every last one of you!" He yelled, fury and hurt evident in his eyes.

"No. I, I did this. It was me. Just me" Derek stuttered.

"In that case," Klaus said before he took a coin out of his pocket and threw it straight through Derek's heart. Derek felt onto the ground, not dead but unconscious, half of his body had fallen out of the house. Klaus pulled the rest of him out and in one swift, effortless, motion, removed his head from his body, then threw it away into the woods.

My knees gave in as I looked at the woman I loved, lying on the ground, dead. Tears streamed down my cheeks and my heart throbbed in my chest, the pain was unbearable.

I saw Klaus who was sitting with his eyes squeezed shut and his hands in a praying position over his mouth and the top of his nose, I could swear I even saw a tear fall. He then got up and kissed Elena's forehead, leaving his lips to linger for a few seconds before going and sitting back down. If I wasn't so distraught, I would be jealous, but all I could think about was how Elena's dead.

"How do we save her? How do we bring her back? We gotta bring her back, she can't be, she can't, she's not dead!" I pleaded before moving to Elena's side and taking her face in my hands.

"Please," I whispered, a tear fell from my eyes and onto her cheek. "Elena! Come on! Elena please!" I begged as I shook her body by her shoulders. Klaus looked up at me with hope in his eyes.

"Follow me, and bring Elena." He ordered before quickly walking to his car. I picked Elena up bridal style and took her took the to the back seat of Klaus's car before sitting in the down with her head in my lap.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"I think we might be able to bring her back." He answered quietly. He didn't seem certain, but he clearly had hope, and that meant that so did I. I knew that the chance she would actually come back was only small, but it was a chance, and that was all I had.

"How?" I questioned, wanting to know more about the odds of getting Elena back.

"You'll find out soon enough." Replied Klaus. I was annoyed that he didn't tell me how he planned on -maybe- bringing Elena back, but after the way he impaled and threatened Elena, not to mention how he killed Derek, I decided not to ask.

After a few more minutes of driving in complete silence, we arrived at Beacon Hills high school.

"Stay here." Klaus ordered before getting out of the car and going inside. What does he want from in there? And how is it supposed to bring back Elena? I asked myself.

I looked down at Elena's cold, lifeless, but still beautiful, face. I brushed a bit of hair from over he eyes and tucked it behind her ear. Memories of last night came rushing through my mind, everything was just... Perfect. How did it all go so horrible so fast?

I continued looking at Elena when I heard fast footsteps coming out of the school.

I looked over and saw Klaus with his hand and Bonnie's arm, dragging her along. Bonnie's scanned the area, as if checking for witnesses, before taking her other hand and directing it towards Klaus. Her hand strained and she looked as if she was concentrating. Klaus gripped his head and bent over in pain as if he was getting some sort of an aneurism or something. What is she doing to him? I asked myself.