Chapter 1: The Awakening

I drew in a deep gasp and shot up only to be stopped by my head banging the roof of something, something hard. I brought my hand to my forehead and rubbed where I just hit. Then I realised: I was trapped. The roof felt like a wooden box, but the rest felt soft, comfortable, like a bed. How'd I get in here? I thought. I tried to think of what I last remembered...

It was nightime. Damon was lying down in the middle of an empty road staring blankly into the sky.  I walked up to him in a long, flowing, purple, gown.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I continued to walk to him.

"Waiting for you." He told me, still staring at the sky, whilst a smile spread across his face.

"On the ground where we first met?" I questioned.

He got up, "I'm feeling symbolic." He answered before taking my face in his hands and kissing me.

He stroked my neck as he looked down at the ground. "It's bad isn't it?" I asked.

"I believe you owe me a dance, Miss Gilbert." He told me, a slight smile tugging at his lips.

"Damon, just tell me," I sighed, "how bad is it?"

"Dance with me." He asked again, "please. Just dance with me. This was supposed to be our big night." He begged.

"Just tell me Damon. I can see it all over your face. How bad is it?" I nagged.

"Kai linked you to bonnie." I stepped back away from him, "you won't wake up until she dies." I gasped and felt tears forming in my eyes.

Then we talked some more, kissed and then, we danced. We waltzed, and we.. We said goodbye.

So that's what happened! I thought in sudden realisation. Bonnie's lived her life, and *gulp* died, so I'm waking up. In a coffin! So that explains the hit-head-hardness, I'm in a coffin.

I wonder what year it is... 2075? 2080? What if they've forgotten about me? What if they've lived they're happy lives, and completely forgotten about me? How will I get out?

At exactly that moment, the coffin opened and sunlight blinds my eyes that must've been in the dark for several centuries. The sun was so blindingly bright that I could barely see anything. I brought my hand up to my face blocking out the sun and prop my body up on my elbow. I see a tall figure standing at my coffin. This must be the person who opened it.

"Damon?" I ask, my voice croaky -out of use.

"Try again love." I hear a familiar voice say and sit up to see none other than Klaus Mikaelson standing in front of me. 

I take in a deep shaky breathe, scared of what he's going to do to me, he already tried to kill me once.

"Hello dear." He says looking at me.

A/N
Hi guys, thank you guys so much for taking the time to read this and I really hope you're enjoying it. I know that this chapter is kinda boring but, it gets better! So please like and follow to keep reading. Also, I know that this chapter is REALLY short, but I really wanted to give you that hook, I'm not one of those people that just writes one page chapters. Please remember to vote, comment and follow, don't be a ghost reader.
P.S. The image above is of her in the coffin and "Klaus" (not really, but let's say it is for the sake of the story) standing next to her.