Chapter 7: The Kiss

RECAP
Everyone has arrived in Beacon Hills. Elena went for a walk and decided to go back to high school.

My alarm clock buzzed and I looked to the left. It was 6:00AM. I groaned, wanting nothing more than to go back to sleep. Then I remembered, it was Monday morning, and I was starting school again. I smiled, happy with the new town that I was staying in. It already begun to feel like home.

Last night we all went out to The Nic (which we loved, by the way, it was just like having The Grill move here with us, then change names) and I told everyone my plan to go back to school and they all loved it. Klaus was reluctant at first but then realised that it wouldn't cause any inconvenience to him, and agreed. When we got home Klaus, for some reason, allowed me to take the bed, so he was sleeping on the floor. Most of us were tired from the move so we decided not to go to the club.

I got up and took a shower then did my makeup and hair. I put on my usual makeup and straightened my hair but then put a few very loose curls through it to give it volume. I put on some underwear, a dressing gown, and slippers then walked to Bonnie and Caroline's room. I knocked on the door and Caroline answered.

"Hey Lena!" She said with heaps of enthusiasm. "Bonnie's in the shower, you excited?"

"Beyond." I answered. "Would you be able to help me pick out something to wear?" Caroline let out a small shriek and ran to my room (at human speed incase someone saw her). I put a finger over my lips and pointed to Klaus who was still sleeping on the floor next to my bed. Caroline rolled her eyes and opened my clothes suitcase. She then began rummaging through, looking for "the perfect outfit".

She picked out some light blue denim jeans, a black tank top and a predominantly blue flannel shirt to go over the top. I thanked her and changed into the outfit before grabbing the backpack I had prepared the night before with a few notebooks, a couple of pens and pencils and a MacBook (for my textbooks and some notes).

I left the hotel room -quietly, so I didn't wake Klaus up- and met the others outside, we were all going to The Nic for a "first day celebratory breakfast", as Caroline calls it. Bonnie looked at me with a nervous smile and I responded by wiggling my eyebrows playfully. She giggled and we all began to walk to breakfast.

It only took about seven minutes to get there and when we did, we all just sat down, ordered our food and talked about how excited we were to be starting school again. Stefan wasn't that excited as this was like his millionth time starting high school. When the food arrived we all ate and talked, it was so nice to be able to sit with all my friends and enjoy a meal like the days before all this supernatural stuff was introduced.

Everyone was here except for Alaric, he was going to meet us at school where Stefan or Caroline would compel him a job, and Klaus, who's too old for school, and has too much work to tend to anyway.

After eating it was just past eight o'clock so we decided to walk to school. School in Mystic Falls started at 8:15, so hopefully it would be the same here. When we arrived we went to the administration office.

"You kids are late." The teacher said, not looking up from the paperwork that she seemed to be doing. None of us said anything until eventually she looked up. She looked like she was about to say something but then changed her mind when she saw us.

"Oh, are you kids new?" She asked.

"That we are." Replied Stefan and we all smiled awkwardly.

"Well sorry, we don't have any places available at the moment." She replied, signalling for us to leave.

"I'm sure you'll find a place for us." Stefan compelled looking into her eyes as both their pupils dilated, then returned back to normal.

"Well would you look at, I have six available spots." She informed us. "Can I please see your records, you know birth certi-"