Chapter 5: Pancakes

RECAP
Elena's awake, Klaus is taking her to Beacon Hills to make hybrids. Damon had shut of his humanity and now he's attacking Elena.

"Damon stop!" I exclaimed weakly, trying to sound strong, when I was really feeling like I was about to pass out. Then Damon stopped feeding on me. What? He actually listened? Everything after that was just a bit of a blur.

"Ugh, little brother, always such a buzz kill." Damon moaned. Ohh, that makes sense, Stefan stopped him. Of course, the day Damon does what he's told is the day he'll die. I began breathing heavily before I blacked out.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. I reached out and slammed a hand down on my alarm clock. I remembered what had happened last night and put a hand to my neck. There was no wound, Stefan must've healed me with his blood.

I looked at my clock, 7:30, it read. I sighed and rolled out of the bed. I saw a figure out of the corner of my eye and spun around.

"Klaus!" I sighed heavily. "You scared me."

"Sorry love," he apologised

"What do you want?" I asked

"I heard about your little run in with Damon last night," he said, sounding slightly worried.

"And you want what?" I asked again

"Is it entirely impossible to believe that I was concerned?" He asked and I scrunched up my face.

"Yes." I answered blatantly. He chuckled and smiled that nice smile again.

"Be ready in an hour, I'll be waiting downstairs." He said, turning all serious again, obviously trying to hide the human side of him that was threatening to show. Huh, I'd never thought about that before; Klaus had a human side. I'd always believed that everyone had a human side, but then I met Klaus and I became unsure, but now, I'm starting to believe again.

I nodded and did my usual morning routine before heading downstairs with my suitcases. I packed generously as I had a feeling that we'd be staying there for a while. I looked at the clock on the microwave. It had only taken me half an hour to get ready.

Klaus was sitting on the couch with a photo of me and Jeremy in his hands. He smiled at the photo and stroked my cheek through the glass of the frame. What's up with Klaus? Why's he being so touchy feely all of a sudden? I gulped and tried to shrug it off even though it still lingered in the back of my mind.

"Hey," I said, trying to make it seem like I just got here. He quickly sped the photo down and under a pillow.

"Have you eaten?" He asked.

"Um no." I replied honestly.

"What would you like me to make you?" He asked. Wow, I never thought I'd hear those words coming out of his mouth.

"You cook?" I asked, still in shock. Klaus the fearsome hybrid cooks.

"When you're around for a thousand years you pick up a think or two." He replied with a smirk.

"Huh." I said. "Would you be able to boil me an egg?" I asked.

"Pancakes it is." He said getting up and walking into the kitchen. Okay then, so much for what I want.

I had to show him where everything was in the kitchen and he ended up teaching me how to make pancakes.

"Do you want to flip it?" He asked in reference to the ready-to-turn pancake that was in the frying pan.

"I can try." I said meekly and walked over to where he was at the pan. I gripped it by the handle and somehow managed to flip the pancake. I reached out to catch it only to watch it fall to the floor. Well almost to the floor. Klaus caught it and out it back in the pan.

"Here," he said and came up from behind me he put an arm around either side of me and put his masculine hands onto of mine. He guided me as we flipped the pancake together and caught it in the pan with ease.

"That's no fair, you have vampire reflexes," I said before putting the pan down and turning around to see that his face was just inches away from mine. He gulped.

"Yeah, your right. It's not." He agreed. I could feel his cold breathe on my cheeks as he said every word. I gulped and turned around.

"So are we going to eat or what?" I asked, trying not to think about the strange attraction I felt towards Klaus. Wait? Attraction? I'm attracted to Klaus? I thought about it, and as much as I hate it, I feel something, and I'm pretty sure he feels it too. But I cannot let myself fall for Klaus. Damon was bad enough, but Klaus? Klaus was the one person in this world who I can never, and will never, be with.

A/N
Hey guys!! Hope you enjoyed the chapter!! I know it's short but I wanted to be able to give you the gist of a possible Klena romance. What do you guys think? Could Klena work? Please remember to vote, comment and follow!! Thanks for reading xxx