Surprises

We had found a little table in the back where it was private and not as noisy. I studied Camila. Her hair was a few shades darker, she must have dyed it. Everything else was the same. Her style became more fashionable and more grown up. No more bows or pink, or anything that made her look younger. She was all grown up.

"So.. What's happened over the past 2 years? It feels like I barely know you.. And we had gone through so much." I took a sip of the cocktail Camila had bought me, looking into her unsettling eyes as she started to talk.

"Where do I start?" She smiled. "Well.. Probably the biggest thing is Michelle. It was indescribable meeting my baby and becoming a mother. She's two now, but I haven't seen her since the day I gave birth. She has a wonderful family though. A mom, dad, and a big brother. They live in a big house with a big yard and in a good school district. She's going to have a good life so.. I feel at peace. I'm glad she'll be okay." The girl seemed wholeheartedly okay with her choices for Michelle. She kept going about what's happened with her life.
"I was with Michelle's dad for a year and a half before I broke up with him.. He was cheating.. Again. So typical of him. I decided not to out up with that anymore. I've been single for almost six months. I graduated, and got myself a job clearly. I'm a phycologist now so I get to help people all day everyday. And that's about it.. Oh and I also moved into a bigger place. I love it." She concluded. Her eyes shined bright like she had fulfillment and was happy. That made me glad.

"Wow.. Sounds like you've been through a lot Camz" -- Shit.. I just called her Camz. Oh God.. My face got a little red and Camila noticed what happened right away but wasn't alarmed. She could tell I got embarrassed. "I'm sorry I -" Camila stopped me with her words.

"Lauren.. It's okay. It's a habit.. For both of us, Lolo" She made her voice comforting. I missed her.. And I could admit that. But I didn't want her back.. I couldn't. I smiled, letting my eyes drift. "You seem distracted. Someone special here?" The girl's dark brown eyes dimmed a little, but she smiled just the same.

"Oh .. No. I guess I'm just tired." I told the concerned girl. But I wasn't tired.. I was just nervous and fidgety and ready for her to leave again.. I was always expecting it with Camila.

"I see" Camila responded taking another sip of her strong drink then checking her watch. "Well Lauren, it was good seeing you again and catching up. I hate to leave so soon but I have work tonight. Maybe we can schedule something for another time?" Camila sounded so mature now, and talked like a woman.. A wise therapist who had no time to play games anymore.

"Yeah of course, you know where to find me" I said softly, looking deep into her eyes.. But her eyes weren't looking into line at all. I got up, grabbing my purse and coat. She also got up gathering her things.

"I'll see you soon Lauren." The girl took a big breathe, then exhaling and walking away. And just like that, she had disappeared again.. But she wasn't gone.

-
There I was sitting in a conference room with the people that were above me in my own business, arguing with them about what they wanted from me.

"Miss Jauregui, this is something that we are enforcing on this company. For good publicity.. Which you could really need at the moment." Mr.Cliff explained,  pushing his glasses closer to his black eyes.

"Then why do I have to be the face to do it??" I asked them frustrated, not wanting to draw attention to myself personally.
"Because we want it to be real. You are indeed a lesbian correct? And you're the founder of this company. Therefore we want you, and only you to do it."
I was now steaming with hot air and I could feel my face turn bright pink. They wanted me to do a nude photo shoot involving another girl .. Another nude girl. This made me steamed up because A, they shouldn't be addressing my sexuality which has nothing to do with them, and B, they shouldn't be so pushy. But It would be great publicity and all.. And I did sign a contract. I can't break a contract.

"Fine. Anything for my business." I sighed.

"Fabulous!" Michael commented. "Now since this is such a real thing and close to your heart, we want you to pick a girl. Someone you know or someone you don't. Just pick her by next Thursday, and we'll do the shoot Saturday." If the photoshoot was for any other magazine brand, I wouldn't being doing it. But Vanity Fair happened to be my favorite, and close friend in business. So I had a week to find a girl to get naked with, and take pictures together. Absolutely fantastic. Just. Great.

Weak Heartजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें