Dr. Sphere

Lauren couldn't stop waiting for a call or text from the girl she had reunited with all the coffee shop. But it never came. Lauren thought about Camila's heart wrenching story. Camila was now pregnant at 19, and struggling financially. Of course Lauren wanted to help her! Why wouldn't she? Here Lauren was just one year older than her, going on red carpets and being in photo shoots making millions! Camila was barely making minimum wage and she's scared about not providing for her unborn child. This was serious stuff, and Lauren was prepared to do whatever she could to reassure Camila that she was not alone.

Camila had just gotten off work, and it was already dark out. She hadn't really eaten anything except a sandwich around 11 AM . She walked outside getting in her little yellow car. Once she had drove home, and gotten up to her apartment she kicked her shoes off and headed to her bedroom. Walking by her full body mirror, she noticed her tummy getting bigger and bigger day by day. She had an appointment tomorrow to find out the sex of the baby. She wanted a baby girl.. She had only one name picked out, which she was always in love with. Michelle.. It had nothing to do with the fact that Michelle was Lauren's middle name.. She just really liked the name. She changed into her maternity pj's and went to the kitchen getting some tea. She lit a candle, then sat down on her brown recliner getting on her phone. She wanted to text Lauren, because she was regretting pushing her away all those years ago. She had known now, and she had known then that she was in love with the girl with the long black hair, and emerald eyes. She just never could admitted to it. She wanted to find some way to make up for what she had said and done.. And didn't want it to be too late. She opened up her iMessage app.

Hey. She sent the text message, impatiently waiting for a reply.

Hi Camila

How are you ? Camila texted.

I'm alright, Wbu?

Doing alright. She replied.

Hey so I was wondering if you wanted to get together some time. Maybe come over or we could go somewhere? You know, to catch up?

Yeah sure! I'm free Saturday. Camila was excited and nervous.

Great! I will send you the directions to my home, you can stop over around 7?

Sounds good. Camila replied. No answer. She put her phone down wondering why Lauren was being so nice to her.. Lauren had been in love, and Camila broke her heart. How much worse can a person get? After two episodes of dance moms, and lots of potato chips Camila went to sleep in her apartment all alone. Just her and the bleak noise of her fan. Nobody next to her like there should be. She wanted to be the tough one in the situation, but she didn't know what to do anymore. How could she raise a child so alone like this? In this condition? She didn't want to put her child through that, especially without another parent. She had been contemplating an abortion ever since she found out about the pregnancy. Of course she would love her baby, and think she was amazing.. But what about the hard times her child would be put through? Camila didn't want that. She thought long and hard before falling asleep, and decided she would schedule an appointment with the Clinic for Friday.

Two days had passed and Lauren had talked to Camila a lot. Trying to find little pieces of the old them in her voice. Camila was coming over the day after tomorrow, and Lauren couldn't wait to see that old familiar face. Lauren kept thinking about that summer they had met. All the times they went swimming together. Picking Camila up in the water spinning her around and throwing her, making an enormous splash. Camila used to splash Lauren in the pool and have the cutest and funniest grin on her face. She remembered the rainy days of being open and honest with each other, as they would study each other's postures, expressions, and reactions. Lauren remembered how Camila would tell her she wanted to be best friends forever, and how nothing could ever come in between them. She remembered the days when all they did was lay out on the beach talking about things they both connected to, while holding onto one another's hand. The more Lauren thought about it, the more she missed it, and the more she wanted to cry. She didn't let tears fall down her face though, blinking a few times to clear them up.

It was time to hit the city, and Lauren was excited. She was headed to the biggest party of the year with her best friends Ally and Dinah at her side. She was in her bathroom with countless makeup bags and hair products out. She started to straighten her wavy hair, and kept brushing out the naturally appearing knots. After she finished with her hair, which looked fabulous she started with her makeup. After a good solid foundation and bronzer, she got her eye makeup done adding a specially fancy wing to her eyeliner. She applied her shiny red lip stick to her full pink lips, giving herself an older look. She put on black ripped skinny jeans, and a very low, and tight red crop top with a leather jacket over it. She put on her black shoes with the thick heels and the laces. Ready to go!

After the taxi had dropped her off at the enormous and mysterious skyscraper she walked inside with her head held high. Ironically, the party was being thrown by one of her good friends Normani Hamilton, who was originally friends with Camila at camp. She didn't see anyone she didn't know, considering the fact that she knew almost Everyone in the big city.

"Miss Jauregui agh girl well aren't you looking fabu tonight !" My friend Steven came up to me saying. He was possibly the gayest, most friendliest person she knew. She talked to him for a minute before she saw Dinah waving to her from behind him. Ending that conversation she walked up to her best friend, greeting her with a kiss on the cheek and being greeted by handed a margarita.
"Where's mani?" I asked her.
"She's somewhere with a friend she invited.. Maybe she's finally got a boyfriend." Dinah said.

"I hope she does, she's been single for ages!" Lauren told Dinah.

"Alright honey, let's go dance. I saw some cute girls you might be interested in.. With brothers for mwah" Dinah told Lauren with a laugh. They set their drinks down and went to dance, hoping that Lauren could put Camila out of her mind tonight.

That night had gone by so fast a blurry Lauren didn't have time to think. She did what her instincts told her, but for once she had recognized they didn't involve waking up in someone else's bed. She was in her black sports bra and gray sweat pants covered in a Snow White comforter. She stretched her arms out into the cold air in her home, sitting up. Her pent house got so lonely.. It was enormous and so fancy yet sometimes all she wanted was a small house with someone else. This is the life she was blessed with though so it was great.

After getting completely ready for today Lauren was ready for her Doctors appointment. It wasn't for a particular reason but she had to get everything down under checked. She got dressed in a black mini skirt , and a blue blouse. She didn't mean for all the cleavage showing, but she loved getting attention from guys. Especially because they can't have her. She knew she was gorgeous, and had a totally hot body, and she knew how to flaunt it.

After being dropped off by a Taxi, she found herself sitting in the large waiting room too scared to look at the magazine beside her with a rather unpleasant face and hair. Critics.. She got on her phone instead, reblogging on Tumblr, waiting for the nurse to call her name. A few minutes passed, and she heard her name being surprisingly stuttered. She stood up and walked back with the elderly nurse. She was shown to a doctors office and was told to sit on the patients chair with the white sheet of paper laying across it. She sat there for what seemed like an hour, but was only ten minutes.
"Hello Lauren" the doctor cheerfully said while opening the door.

"Hi Dr. Sphere." Lauren greeted her doctor. He was about to look at her lady goods, but she tried not to sound awkward. Her doctor was the only man who saw down there. He asked her a few questions about her success, then was filling out a paper.

"Alright, spread your legs for me nice and wide." He sounded like he was talking to a child. Lauren put her feet on her cushion then opened her legs revealing the clean shaven area. "Mhm" Lauren heard him say as he had his head very close up, studying every part creepily. "Alright now I'm going to have to do some tests but I think you're healthy as always. I see something that I might need to check out." He told the uncomfortable girl.

"Okay" Lauren replied with a fake smile. She felt something cold slide up there and flinched a little. He moved it around, making it unbearably cold. He shoved a few more things in pulling them quickly out and wiping them with a tissue, throwing it to a plastic bag.

"Okay all done. Thank you for your time." He said like she just willingly let him finger her. She walked back into the waiting room to pay, and there was the familiar face. She looked lost, talking to a nurse at the check in desk. What the hell was she doing here?