Life Stories

Two weeks went by quickly, and Lauren and Camila were inseparable. They did everything together, and they easily understood each other.

It was a stormy day, and Brenda and Alice were in a different cabin with their friends. But Lauren and Camila hung out in their cabin all day, they actually didn't mind it.. As long as they had plenty of Doritos and diet soda to live off of. They sat on the big pile of pillows and blankets they had made. Lauren wearing her big blue sweatshirt and sweat pants, and Camila wearing her tiny black sweat shirt, with her comfortable booty shorts. They were both snuggled down inside blankets and they talked.

"So tell me about yourself.. I mean, I know the basics but I want to know everything." Said Camila starting a conversation.

"Well.. Where do I start?" Started Lauren thinking hard."Well the furthest I can remember is 4 years old, but I was born premature, I guess that's a Start. I was born earlier than supposed to, which made me not be able to speak until I was six. My little sister starting speaking at one and a half, and had mastered it by three. It took me all through first grade to learn how to talk. Then I flew through elementary school. I made some friends, and most things distinctly remember from middle school are the period accidents and back talking my mom, which you don't want to hear about. But in eighth grade I came out Gay to my parents, and my mom practically shunned me for five months. My dad was actually happy he didn't have to worry about boys. But after That day my life pretty much changed. Freshman and Sophomore year were a blur.. And now I'm here! I guess for interests you know I love to read and sing, and I used to play soccer. I used to want to be a zoologist, but now I want to be a singer. If that doesn't work out, law school would be my next choice. I never really planned anything else.. I guess I'm just a free spirit. So that's me.." Lauren told her.
"Anyways, what about you? I want to know about you too." Lauren said.

"Well.. My life is boring. Ordinary family, ordinary birth, ordinary interests... Ordinary self." Camila said boring herself.

"That Isn't true. You aren't ordinary. You're magnificently extraordinary Camila. Look at yourself! You can dance, you're funny, you could definitely be a model. You love basketball and playing your guitar. I know you love to swim and reading, and you're very loving. To me.. That's anything but ordinary.. That's special to me." Lauren said reassuring Camila. "Now tell me what I don't know." She said.

"Well.. Before I was born my birth dad left me and my mom. She re-married when I was three, and they had two kids. I call him my dad now.. Because he pretty much is. When I was five I remember having to get glasses.. And I hated them so much. I was so embarrassed. But my vision is stronger than ever now and I don't need them anymore. In middle school I got bullied.. That is until I played my guitar in a talent show for the school, and got really popular. I made the cheer squad in 8th grade, and still doing it now.. That's pretty much my 'life story'." Camila told Lauren still blushing because of Lauren's kind words.

"Yeah, that's better! That's so cool! Cheerleading I mean. You're very interesting Camz." Lauren said with a smile.

"I never really thought so." Said Camila. "I mean, I've always just thought I was boring." Confessed Camz.

"Well you're not." Stated Lauren making Camila get butterflies.

The girls enjoyed the rest of the day eating and talking about everything they both were passionate about. They didn't really have normal conversations. They had deep conversations about what was really important.

The next day it was a free day, and the girls were going to play soccer in the morning. After soccer, they had planned a picnic in the woods with Ally and Troy. After that they volunteered to be life guards for an afternoon so that should be good. Camila and Lauren spent every second together. Lauren was trying not to completely ditch her friends, but most of the time she never even saw them any more. Camila was happy that she had met someone like Lauren. Someone that shared her interests in books and who was passionate about things. Camila and Lauren never even called each other by their real names anymore. Just Lolo and Camz. Some people started to notice their close friendship and started calling them Camren. Their two names mashed together. Lauren heard it and thought it was pretty cute. She said it once or twice when she meant to say we or us. She had developed feelings for Camila, and didn't know how to tell her. She had done this with other girls before, telling them she's in love with them just for an easy one night stand. But Camila changed Lauren.. She made her believe that she was capable of love, and she wanted to tell Camila. She had planned on telling her on the picnic, but she was really nervous.

"Wow." Said ally as they sat down in the woods that day. "That an aggressive game."

"I know right?" Replied Lauren. "And Camz plays it regularly."

"You could always join me Lolo" teased Camila.

"Yeah aha I think I'll stick with music, thanks." Laughed Lauren.

They all ate a big lunch, and after Ally and Troy left right away, they didn't say what for, but Lauren and Camila had an idea of what they were up to.

"So Camz" Started Lauren, trying to work up some courage. "I know we haven't known each other that long, but over the past few weeks we've gotten really close. I've been wanting to tell you about the feelings I've developed for you over that time -" Lauren was blushing and all giggly but Camila had to stop her.

"Lauren.. I gotta go." And with that Camila up and left the picnic.