You Again

Three years had passed since that one summer at camp. 20 year old Lauren had made a life for herself in New York City, where she now knew she had always belonged. Lauren Jauregui was the name of the most successful accessory and clothing line in America. 'Jauregui' was silvery marked on every purse, or dress that you actually wanted to buy. Lauren had Jauregui stores placed all over the United States. So yes, you could say she became a little - a lot famous. It was funny really. She always thought she would go to a community college close to home in Miami, and become a journalist. But there she was, dressed in her Chanel navy blue high heels, and her very expensive diamond earrings. Her now black hair was flowing gorgeously curly and shiny, in the breeze that rainy day. She wore a skin tight black dress, that indeed showed off her curves more than anything she owned. She walked into a small coffee shop that she just happened to be walking by when the rain hit. "Ugh stupid rain." Lauren mumbled to herself under her breath. She thought she might as well see if they have any good cappuccinos while she was there. There was no line, so Lauren was able to order right away.

"Hello what can I get for you today?" Asked a tall red head ready to take her order.

"Hi can I get a vanilla cinnamon Cappuccino?" She asked politely.

"Oh sorry, we're actually just making more of that because our ingredients ran out. It will be just a minute. I can send someone over to give it to you then if you'd like."

"Okay that would be fine thanks." Lauren said. Why were people at small places like this nicer than people at busier, bigger places? It didn't make sense. Nowadays nobody was nice up North. Lauren was used to the southern polite, and warm hearted people. Not the busily hurrying around, careless people. But she became one of them soon enough. A lot happened for her in three years. She got into the modeling business at 18, and fate took her from there.

"Here is your latte ma'am." An almost too familiar voice spoke to her while handing her her coffee. Lauren looked up from her phone, knowing exactly who was directly in front of her.

"Camila?" Lauren said astonished, and alarmed.

"Oh my God! Lauren?" Camila also said looking very surprised. Her hair was in a messy low pony tail, her white apron was very clean, and her gray sneakers didn't really match Lauren's Gucci outfit and dark purple lip stick.

"Wow I can't believe you've been in New York and we haven't crossed paths until now. You're looking fabulous just like before!" Lauren didn't lie. The older version of Camila looked really hot.

"Oh no don't be silly.. I'm working, I'm a mess! But you on the other hand, don't look any different from when I last saw your picture on Time Magazine." Camila laughed a little. "Its great that you've been so successful with your clothing line. To be honest, I can't really afford your brand of anything right now, but everything is absolutely gorgeous!" Camila was trying to be polite and congratulate Lauren, but Lauren couldn't help wonder how Camila was really doing.

"Thank you!" Lauren said. "So how have you been? Fill me in doll!" She told Camila with a big smile on her face.

"Not much to tell. I've been working here for six months, and I've lived in the city for eight. I'm going to school at NNCU too. It's a really great school. I'm just trying to provide for myself and everything. I guess you should also know that I'm pregnant. I'm not really able to hide it anymore." Camila sprung the news on Lauren. Pregnant?! Lauren's heart skipped a beat remembering the feelings she once had for the girl. Lauren tried to think of a response that didn't sound rude or anything.

"Wow! Congrats Camila! Who's the lucky guy?" She asked.

"My stupid ex. I feel bad that she has to grow up with one parent because he was a total dick. I mean.. He cheated on me." It just sort of came out without Camila even meaning to say it, but Lauren could tell she was hurt.

"I'm sorry to hear that. You don't see yourself finding someone else in the future?" Lauren asked the girl who's eyes looked tired and lost.

"Probably not. I mean, who would want a single mom with stretch marks on her stomach?" Camila smiled. I would. Lauren thought to herself.

"Well, I'm sure you'll find the right guy someday. It'll happen for you Hun. I mean you're only 19." Lauren reassured the poor girl.

"Well it looks like it stopped raining." Said Camila looking out the window, "I'd better let you get back to your hustle bustle life huh?" Camila said smiling into Lauren's mesmerizing green orbs. She had missed those emerald eyes.

"Well hey, I'll give you this," Lauren said while writing her number down on a little piece of paper. "I kinda make a little more than what's normal .. And I only have one person to take care of. Which would be myself.. So let me know if you ever need anything at all. I would love to help." Lauren gave the paper to Camila. She didn't know why she was still hoping that something would come out of this. Lauren still had the same feelings that she used to have all those years ago at summer camp. She just hoped Camila had maybe changed her mind.. Or maybe Lauren could make her want to.