Day at Work

"Shawn stop." Camila said softly as he tried again, to kiss her. "I told you.. I don't want to be with you like that anymore. You can't just come back into my life after cheating on me.. And leaving me pregnant and heart broken get off !" Camila told the boy a little more sternly.

"Babe! Babe. Come on.."

"No." Camila cut him off, holding back a tear. She reminded herself of who she was talking to. The once sweet and sensitive guy that took care of her back then. Helped her with her needs, and loved her. But then she reminded herself of the person he became. "You made it clear to me that you didn't love me. You ended us Shawn.. Not me." Camila told him looked at the ground, then locking eyes. She watched him nod once, and turn around walking out the door.

One week passed, and Camila had talked to Shawn twice since she told him to leave a week before. Of course Lauren didn't know, but Camila had just hit a low point.

"Red or White for tonight?" Camila heard Lauren speaking from the kitchen just a few feet away. Lauren had gotten to know her way around Camila's home, considering that it was so small.

"None for me.. Can we talk?" Camila asked Lauren not looking at her emerald eyes.. Or her long black low pony tail. Not noticing her hard and warm hands again, or her uplifting presence. Not this time.

"Yeah" Lauren said putting away the white wine she was about to pour. She went over and sat down beside Camila. Camila's stomach had gotten bigger, and they could now tell there was someone inside.

"Lauren.. I can't do this anymore. I like you. At camp it started, and the crush grew bigger. But that's all it ever really was.. Just a curious crush." Camila started, her heart was heavy to try and push the words out from it. "We have to break up Lauren." Camila ended. Lauren didn't talk right away leaving the room silent.

"You aren't hurting me. Don't worry Camila.. As long as you are happy.. It won't hurt. its okay." Lauren lied big time to make Camila feel better about the situation that was already shattering Lauren's heart. Lauren got up leaving Camila speechless. She turned around at the door before exiting. "I'm sorry if I ever did anything.. I'll always be there.. If you ever need me. Bye Camila." Lauren said walking out the door.

"Bye" Camila said after Lauren had left, burying her face in a pillow wanting to disappear.

"She just dumped you? Out of nowhere?" Asked the frazzled best friend of Lauren. Lauren didn't answer. She just sat there on her bed in her pajamas, with a box of tissues and a chocolate bar rapper laying there beside her. Dinah was mad at Camila for doing that to her baby, but also heart broken for Lauren. Lauren was finally happy.. And that happiness was taken away from her. "I'm gonna beat her ass.. I'm also so sorry baby cakes. She made you happy.. I'm sorry." Dinah told her best friend who was now in tears.

"I can't believe it.." Was all Lauren said before laying down, hiding under her blankets sobbing. Dinah sat there in the room until Lauren drifted off to sleep. The angrily saddened girl got up and went into Lauren's big kitchen and starting to make some of Lauren's favorite chicken noodle soup, specifically with no chicken just how Lauren liked it. Dinah also had brought lime ice cream with her so that Lauren would have all her favorite things on that sad day. The day after a break up is the worst day of every girl's life. You were lucky to just have one.. But that usually wasn't the case.

About 45 minutes had passed and Dinah went to go wake Lauren up.
"Laur wake up" she shook Lauren lightly to wake her. Lauren rolled over waking up.
"I made you some soup and I have ice cream"
Lauren sat up after hearing that, and smiled at her best friend. "Thank you China" she sometimes called her, as Camila used to at camp.  She got up and walked into her kitchen behind Dinah. She got a bowl and poured some soup in it, and then got some soup for Dinah. They went and sat down at Lauren's "bar" and started to eat the soup.
"So Laur.. I know you do not want to hear about work right now but.. You've been off for some time. Spending all your time doing... Other things. Your employees are mad here in New York.." Dinah informed the half asleep girl.

"I'll go in later. I have to direct a shoot and it'll be good for me." Lauren said before taking another big spoon full of soup.

Lauren walked into the familiar "Jauregui" building that she owned.
"Hello Lauren" she was greeted as she quickly walked by the front desk. She stepped into the closest elevator to go up to the needed floor. As she stood there she only felt numb. No excitement for work like usual, just sadness. The only happiness that was in her, was found in the enormous section of her heart that stored memories of Camila. She should've had happiness to see her friends and coworkers and employees.. But she couldn't even put her mind on something else. She reached her destination. Floor 6. She walked into the largest shoot room in the building, wearing a purple pencil skirt, and a white blouse, with coffee in her hand. The set was pretty much done. The first one anyway.
"Darling!" Lauren heard a particularly familiar voice. Alexa. Lauren looked up, and ran to her friend as fast as her heels would allow. She hugged the girl tight with joy.

"I haven't seen you in forever love! Did you have fun on vaca ?" Lauren asked.

"The best time. Literally ever.." Alexa replied smiling. Her eyes glistened and her perfect white teeth shined.

"Aw I gotta get in my chair lovey. Tea at your place this afternoon?" Lauren asked.

"Definitely. My friends are staying there for a while so you can meet them." Alexa told her while walking away and running to the elevator to get back down to the cosmetic floor.

Lauren walked over to her big tall chair that said "Jauregui" in big pink letters on the back. She sat on the side of the shoot getting ready to direct, and the photographer was directly in front of the shoot. Out came Jenessa Relden. With her curly brown long hair. It kind of reminded Lauren of Camila's but Camila's was longer. She did a few poses as Lauren motioned for them. A few pictures were taken before Lauren called a wardrobe change for the next idea. Jenessa was a singer, and doing a shoot for the cover of Cosmopolitan. She needed an extra hot look. Lauren got up off her chair and made her way behind the wall where Jenessa was getting ready to change.
"Wait" Lauren said a little loudly as she made her self visible in the room. "Wipe off your makeup. I'm doing it now.. If that's okay" Lauren told Jenessa with a little smile that quickly came and went. Lauren went across the room to pick out something sexy for the shoot. She spotted a golden mini dress. Super tight, super low,  and the whole back would be uncovered. 

"Have a good evening miss Jauregui" the lady at the front desk told Lauren as she walked out. Lauren waved and walked outside. It was time for tea at Alexa's now.