Open Hearts

"Beep beep beep" the alarm went off in the cabin.
"Oh my God turn it off!" Brenda moaned half a sleep.

"God Brenda wake up." They heard Alice say. Lauren sat up to see that Alice was wearing a designer mini skirt and a super revealing crop top, which basically showed all of her boobs.

"Dude.. You aren't going to want to wear that. We have to go hiking in the woods this morning with everyone else. Unless you want it ruined... Then that's totally fine." Lauren suggested.

"Whatever" Alice groaned. The powder on Alice's face flew off her face every time she moved. Her lipgloss was pinker than The hot pink lace bra she had on.

Lauren got down off the top bunk, and lightly shook Camila to wake her up.

"Hey.. Wake up, it's time to get ready for breakfast" Lauren said, waking Camila. Camila sat up and stretched. She got out of bed confused at why Alice looked all fancy, and then got dressed.

"So have any of you been hiking before?" Camila asked trying to start a conversation.

"God no." Said Alice in disgust. "You think I would do this if I didn't have to?" She asked.

"I've been hiking once.. It was pretty okay." Replied Brenda, then Alice shot her a glare.

"I've been hiking lots! It's a lot of fun.. I love being in the wild." Lauren said as she lightly brushed her eyelashes with the mascara brush.

"Yeah me too.. I go hiking with my family all the time. It's absolutely magical." Said Camila, immediately regretting using that word, which made her sound childish. She had to be cool here.

The girls made it to the cafeteria again for breakfast. The walk was kind of long but Lauren liked talking to Camila on the way there.

"So why don't you come sit with me and my friends?" Asked Lauren.

"Oh okay, sure" replied Camila as they got in the enormous line.

The girls sat down at one of the circled tables where Lauren's friends sat. Camila observed and read everyone very well. She could already tell their personalities.

"Camila this is Dinah," she said pointing to the girl with long golden hair, and who had drum sticks in her hands, as she beated them gently on the table. "This is Ally and Troy..." She pointed to the couple making out. "And these two dorks are Amanda and Clarissa." Lauren said as everyone said hello and 'sup'.

As they sat there eating, Lauren seemed very interested in telling Camila all about herself, and her friends.

"You'll actually be seeing us playing this afternoon when we meet up at the stage for a fun music time slash concert thing.. We're the camps band." Lauren informed Camila.

"Oh, what do you play?" Asked Camila.

"I sing." Said Lauren. "But Dinah over here plays drums, Troy plays electric guitar, Ally's on the cello, Clarissa is on Acoustic guitar and Amanda's on piano. I'm the only lead singer."

"Cool! I used to sing a little but not Really anymore.. I'm excited to hear all of you play." Said Camila.

"Introducing this year's band 'Open Hearts'!!" Said Jane.

Camila clapped her hands, and she was actually very excited to hear Lauren sing. The music started playing and then Lauren started singing. She had a deep raspy voice, yet she could hit notes and it was really... Satisfying. When Camila closed her eyes, she felt like home. Lauren's voice brought peace to Camila. She assumed everyone was getting the same feeling.. But no. Just her. She didn't know what this feeling was.. She had never had it before. Her eyes were on Lauren all afternoon while she sang her heart out. When she danced, it was so graceful yet so rockstar. Camila clapped her hands till they hurt.. But even then she couldn't take her eyes off Lauren. And she couldn't get rid of that feeling. She didn't know what to call it.. But it was just the feeling. No other way to explain it.

"So what did you think?" Asked Dinah at dinner.

"You guys were great! I love your voice Lauren!" Replied Camila.

"Thanks - I need a nickname for you." Said Lauren suddenly. "Umm... How about Cami?.. No no no. I got it. Camz."

" I like it." Said Camila.

"Me too." Replied Lauren softly looking Camila In they eye.

"Uhh.. Is it getting hot in here?" Asked Ally laughing.

"Psh shut up" Lauren said rolling her eyes with a smile. "So Camz, what activities are you in?" Asked Lauren.

"I'm in water Aerobics and wind surfing."

"No kidding! Me too!" Lauren seemed more excited then intended. She tried not to show it. She would be with Camila all day tomorrow. She didn't want to seem too attached, or creepy but she was developing a really great friendship with Camila. She was happy.