5.

I asked Damon how long he was here, but he just shook his head, no.

"You won't understand anything unless I start from the beginning," Damon said.

I just looked at him. He just looked straight back at me. I coughed. "Are you going to start then?"

He sighed. "It's a experiment that's been going on for years, and they've almost finished. All they need now is some of our blood. The plasma in our blood will set it off. For about a year they're going to be testing us to make sure it's perfect before using it. That's basically it really."

I just looked at him. Austin was smirking in the corner like he knew everything. I just sent him an angry glare. The girl who looked annoyed just looked at me like I was being stupid.

"I hope you'll understand this soon, because we don't have all day to explain everything to you."

She had finally chirped up to say something albeit that it wasn't particularly encouraging.

I sighed, and looked at Damon again. All he could get out was,

"She's right, we can explain this to you later if you desperately don't get it. But right now, you need to just get the basic idea. After all, we do have the rest of the year to tell you the whole story."

"Fine." I said.

"Okay, so we can get on with life now. Greaaaaat!!!!!!!!!!!"

We all turned to glare at Austin, who was trying to look innocent, and was failing epically.

Eventually, after a battle of eye-dagger-throwing, we all looked away. Then I looked around again at the room. I asked Damon to do me a favour and soon the laptop was back on the table. I sat up in the bed. "So who is everyone?" I asked.

Austin sat up straighter. "I thought we went over this?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes but all I know about you is your names. Who are you?"

He smirked. "I'm Austin. Purely awesome and totally perfect. Former striker of the Man U youths and amazing! I'm from Manchester."

Lottie grinned. "I'm Lottie, from London. I'm not really anything special."

Austin burst out laughing. "She talks in her sleep though. It's hilarious. She's the biggest directioner in the world, like seriously."

Damon started to speak next. "Like they gave you your laptop, which is your life, they gave Austin a football and me a calculator. They gave Lottie an MP3 player which has every song by One Direction or with one of them featured or something. Tyler has an X-box."

"Tyler?" I echoed.

"He's in one of the testing rooms. Hopefully he won't be beat up too much but he'll be back soon."

Just as Damon finished speaking a pale figure came through the door, barely standing up. Austin jumped up to him and pulled him over to another room. It was silent for a bit before Lottie decided to rush into the other room to help the boy.

"Tyler was the first person here, I was the second and together we've managed to create a sort of communication system with the Anti-X. It's not complete but with your laptop we should be able to finish it. Anyway, back to where we were."

"How old is everyone here?"

"Austin and Lottie are 17. I'm 17 and Tyler is 16 as well. . I'm guessing you're 17 as well."

I instantly felt bad for Tyler. Only 16! Damon carried on. "Austin and Tyler were in the same school. Tyler was one of those gaming nerds and Austin didn't exactly treat him well. He's become really protective over him since he showed up."

I smiled slightly. Maybe Austin wasn't so bad.

"Listen," Damon said. "Tyler is shy, you're going to have to take it slow with him. Lottie likes Austin. Take that in mind, and never insult any member of One Direction, and you'll get along fine. You just have to get used to Austin. Okay? Right. I think you can get up now."

I did as he said and shoved the duvet off my body. I carefully swung my legs round the side so I was sitting straight. Taking his hand I pulled myself up so I was standing up. I steadied myself and finally let go of Damon, crumpling to the floor.

"Damon...what the hell is in my foot!"

****************************

A/N thanks again to random _story_maker AGAIN for making me update. If you have any comments on what you like or what I could improve, please leave a comment.

I'm sorry, but I had to change the ages so that the story would work later.