Part XXVI

not edited

-

Jade

I sat up with a jolt, my brain pounding heavily against my skull.

I gripped my head, trying to stop this painful pounding, oblivious of my setting at first.

But as I opened my eyes, I saw myself sprawled out on a couch, seeing the hallways of the cabin and my reflection through the mirror that hung on the wall.

And I felt someone's warm body behind me. In fact, this person was holding my back, rubbing small circles on it.

I turned my head to see Silas - no, Stefan - smiling down at me.

He opened his mouth as if to say something but was cut off by a loud bang.

I turned my head to that direction, seeing Damon abruptly stand up, and Alycia alert in the kitchen as they both looked to where the noise came from.

A bad aura had entered the cabin. It was almost suffocating.

"Stay here." Stefan whispered into my ear, before getting up from the couch to join his brother's side.

"Owen?" Alycia called out. So Owen was here! But what the hell was going on?

I stood up, rather too quickly, for I felt the blood rush through my head. My headache still did not help.

As I approached Stefan walking past the first hallway, I saw something move from the corner of my eye. I stopped hesitantly at the end of the hall, turning my head to the right, only to see a crazy looking woman approaching me with a knife in her hand that had clear liquid dripping from it.

I widened my eyes in surprise as she came mere inches from me. And then she froze.

I continued to look at her frozen state, as her eyes widened in fear. She kept straining her eyes, as if to avoid my gaze. But she couldn't.

I could hear commotion as I heard Damon cuss out. Stefan and him were probably dealing with more people like this crazy woman.

"What did you do to Owen?" I decided to question this crazy bitch.

She just continued to look at me, frozen under my hard stare.

"Did you hurt him?"

Silence.

"Answer me!" I snapped, as thunder boomed over the cabin.

"Jade." I felt Alycia's hand on my shoulder, her warmth seeping into my body as I felt myself calm down. I shut my eyes, taking in a deep breath, as I heard the woman gasp for breath.

I opened my eyes, just in time to see the woman open her mouth to speak.

But I just shoved her to the side, walking down the hallway. The minute I looked to my left I fell to my knees at the sight before me.

"He killed my girls! Now I will kill everyone he cares for!" I heard the crazy woman scream out.

I felt the tears threaten to fall as I crawled to Owen's bloody corpse.

He was soaked in a pool of his own blood, as it continued to pour from the gaping hole in his stomach.

But what caught my by extreme bewilderment was Owen's skin.

It was melted. It had mixed in with his blood. I choked back a cry as I wanted to move to him, to help him, but the sight of him before me was...

But vervain can't affect a vampire like this. Its as if poison was forced into him.